Pleasant surprise when clothes shopping ...

Options
Wonkylegs
Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
edited 27. Jun 2009, 10:08 in Living with Arthritis archive
I know lots of you have the same problem as me finding clothes that fit and are comfy, with the added problem of the hassle of trying on etc.

I went ot our local Asda tonight, as I really needed some lightweight trousers for this hot weather. I am not good at the mo, so went this evening when I was at my 'best' and used the trolley to hold me up as I went round.

i usually don't try things on, but decided to today. I got such a surprise ..... they had a lovely roomy changing room for anyone to use who needed it (didn't have to ask specially to use it or prove I was 'disabled' as in some places) It had loads of grab rails and the mirrors were really sensibly placed so that too much moving wasn't needed. There was so much room I could have had a party in there!

Just thought I'd mention this, as I assume most of their stores should be the same.

Oh, and It was a good job I did try them on ..... I needed the next size DOWN :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Comments

• redpoppy
    redpoppy Member Posts: 108
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    hi wonky,i always end up banging my elbows on the sides of the changing rooms.i think its bad enough trying things on in a changing room never mind a small one.i always get realy flusterd,drop the items on the floor,knock the coat hangers flying.lol.i have not tried anything on in asda for a while but i do buy clothes from there now and then.im a plus size and they do have bigger sizes and there reasonably priced.anyway bet it made you feel good wanting a smaller size. :)
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,485
    Options
    Hi Wonky
    Wooo woooooo! the next size DOWN eh?
    That's a**a for you (pattiong my bum and winking).
    Our changing rooms here are good too.
    Glad you had a good trip.
    toni x
  • ritnew
    ritnew Member Posts: 338
    Options
    Hiya
    I love Asda. Like most women I love buying new clothes but have found it got increasingly difficult as my OA got worse and as we shop in Asda where better to get my clothes, unlike most places when clothes are a little cheaper I've found that they always come up a bit skimpy but not with George. I started wearing jogging bottoms as they are easier to get on and off, only £3 in Asda, tshirts as cheap as £1 or £1.50 and when they have a sale wow almost giving it away. I am a walking advert for George right down to my underwear, bras are a good fit and so cheap and pretty. I would say 75% of my wardrobe is now from Asda. I even got my OH wearing their jeans.
    Keep it up George I'm a huge fan.
    Well done on the weight loss, doesn't it make you feel good when you have to buy a smaller size. :lol:

Rita X
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    hi wonkeylegs great about dropping a size :D:D:D .we dont have an asda but will keep in mind incase come across one did not know they had fitting rooms :roll:
    val
    val
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Options
    Well done Wonkylegs on becoming a smaller size - how did you do it?

I love Asda too. My suits and clothes for work are mainly Next because I love the cut and the fabrics but practically everything else I wear in Asda. I shop in Asda for food too so it's nice to buy myself and the girls new clothes and OH thinks it was all food :-)

Nx
  • angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    Options
    I`ve always been mad about clothes - and shoes, and bags, and perfume, and jewellery!! - and getting older hasn`t changed this. Arthur, however, put a stop to my days of retail therapy. So, like many of you, I bought lots of stuff from Asda. Tesco too.

Some months ago, new to the wonders of the internet, I watched my son buying something on ebay, and got him to show me how. Now he tells everyone that he`s created a monster!

I have got some amazing clothes, - and shoes, and bags, well you know the song! - and I absolutely love it when I snaffle something at the last minute. Trouble is, I think I`m now addicted, and may have to get him to show me how to sell some of the stuff. I mean, come on - 42 tops!!......Ange.
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Oh Dear Ange ......... better get busy selling!

As to the Diet ..... I haven't got a magic wand or a magic bullet, just been boring usual stuff .....
    I eat less processed stuff, cook more from scratch, porridge for breakfast every day, no snacking, lots of fruit & veg & much less meat. Low fat baking instead of calorific bought stuff. Oh, and very littel chocolate or crisps :( that's the hardest!

I think the big change came when I started getting a regular organic veg box, so I had to use the stuff, and that has helped me find recipes that work for us and that we like.

Also, we seem to live on Soups and stews in the winter, and the latest stuff seems to say that if you soup you stay feeling full for longer - so that may be it!!

I'm wearing my trousers today and feeling FAB! Just hope I can keep chipping away at the weight even with my current situation. So far (over 2 years ish -I think) I have lost 15 kilos, and need to lose at least that again, so every little helps! (to quote another well-known supermarket!!! :wink:
  • joyous
    joyous Member Posts: 179
    Options
    angel1 wrote:
    I`ve always been mad about clothes - and shoes, and bags, and perfume, and jewellery!! - and getting older hasn`t changed this. Arthur, however, put a stop to my days of retail therapy. So, like many of you, I bought lots of stuff from Asda. Tesco too.

Some months ago, new to the wonders of the internet, I watched my son buying something on ebay, and got him to show me how. Now he tells everyone that he`s created a monster!

I have got some amazing clothes, - and shoes, and bags, well you know the song! - and I absolutely love it when I snaffle something at the last minute. Trouble is, I think I`m now addicted, and may have to get him to show me how to sell some of the stuff. I mean, come on - 42 tops!!......Ange.
    same here on the ebay got a few of my friends on it as well so right good bargains designer as well some things the bag with a dog on it bargin £25 i think and i got a purse bus pass holder at dif prices . most cant afford dear shops i like a lot of stuff for my money lol xxxx
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Hi
    I find shopping for clothes a bit of a nightmare these days. I used to enjoy it, but now I can't walk round all the shops like I used to. I am difficult to fit, being pear-shaped, and have to try on several things to find anything which looks right. Mail order shopping is hopeless for that reason. Last time I went clothes shopping, my legs ached really badly all the next day, but there doesn't seem much alternative as I like to wear nice clothes.

It makes such a difference when the fitting rooms have a seat and plenty of room. I can't bear these tiny little boxes which you find in some shops.

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    Options
    I am glad you found a roomy changing room and not all have some where to sit i know its something all stores should look into.
    I love shopping and only tackle it in short spells, however the other week i tryed a moblity scooter in a large shopping mall.
    I was with a friend and we wanted to be out all day and i cannot do that and have not since ive had ra and with the scooter. I had a lovely day round the shops and did not return tired out and it was brilliant.
    I have found the sun too hot and have got loads of new cloths i feel comfy in i hope you found some cloths for you and im glqd you found good changing rooms all the best joanne
    Joanne
  • mouseymousey
    mouseymousey Member Posts: 283
    Options
    Yes, your'e right I had a quick look at Asda online after your post - had to say thanks - lots nice things - I spoted a really nice (my humble) cotton dress for £8!!! Thank you...