Power nap

Options
noeltone
noeltone Member Posts: 878
edited 29. Jun 2009, 14:42 in Living with Arthritis archive
Do others have the chance to have any power naps or feel the need for one during the day today I went to dentist then had a half and hour and this has given me a bit more energy altho to much then affects night time sleep even more than usual I guess.

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,485
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Good moring Chrisov
    yes I do now. Never ever used to, but this arthur doesn't half take it out of you doesn't it?
    Set my phone alarm incase I don't wake up to fetch Lucy from school! :wink:
    It helps doesn't it?
    Hope everything ok at dentist
    Toni x
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Options
    Hiya

I nap after lunch on Saturdays and sometimes Sundays if I have the time. It's a standing joke in our house that I will fall asleep on the settee while everyone else watches a film or plays games. It's lovely! Or "lubbally" as my 5 year old would say!

Nx
  • suzster
    suzster Member Posts: 1,328
    Options
    i actually feel more tired if i nap, i seem to go into a deep sleep then wake up feeling awful.
    i wish i could do it though
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    I often have a power nap during the day - I can fall asleep anywhere and usually sitting bolt upright on a dining chair. It's usually for 15 mins then I'm wide awake again and rearing to go.

Try to power nap for less than 20 minutes otherwise, it's said, it interferes with your sleeping pattern at night - that's if you do sleep properly at night - I know some folk on here don't. :|

Luv Legs :D
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • mike77
    mike77 Member Posts: 879
    Options
    Hi,

I have a nap around 6. pm each day wake around 7pm , hazel has naps in her chair , I am always telling her to go and lie down but she loves her wee chair.

I find the nap helps a lot, sometimes I just lie down and listen to some soft music classic fm

Mike R & hazel & mike JR
    Mike R & Hazel & MikeJR
  • jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    Options
    Hi, I always feel the need for a power nap now, so have a lie down on the bed between about 4pm and 6pm, give or take a few minutes, it gives me some energy for later and I don't go to bed until around 11pm love Jaspercatxx
  • topgirl
    topgirl Member Posts: 290
    Options
    yes do too.....like someone else said, if its over 20 mins i feel groggy for the rest of the day. When in work i have a nap on my break, alas im back on sick leave so i fall asleep most days...I believe its a symptom of RA??
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Before a power nap I have just read, you should have a cup of coffee asthe caffeine does not work immediately but by the time you awake it has. You do not awake with that groggy feeling. I always have a strong coffee afterwards. :lol::lol:

I call mine nanna naps now as opposed to disco naps. Loads of different ways to describe a sleep of around 20 minutes aren't there?.:D :D

I am going for a nanna nap now, as feel exhausted and have much to accomplish before the day is out :D

Elna
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • sharmaine
    sharmaine Member Posts: 1,638
    Options
    Hi
    I generally have a little lie down in the afternoon. I find I tire easily with OA. I had a surprise party for my son last Saturday and I'm paying the price for over doing things this. This week I've felt completely devoid of energy. I'm hoping I'll brighten up soon because the house needs a good tidy up. My husband has asked me to leave it until he can help - he can't see anything wrong. But I can see DUST!!!
    It will get done ..... eventually.
    noeltone wrote:
    Do others have the chance to have any power naps or feel the need for one during the day today I went to dentist then had a half and hour and this has given me a bit more energy altho to much then affects night time sleep even more than usual I guess.
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi I get very sleepy mid afternoon, if I'm sitting down, I just can't help it! If I go deeply asleep, I feel awful waking up but if I just have at most half and hour, I feel much better. Love Sue
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    I certainly do have to lie down in an afternoon, although sometimes I do fight it in case I don't sleep at night.

I find that I really need a sleep in the afternoon when my joints are bad - seems like my body tires out fighting arthur and a little nap helps. I try to combine it with relaxation so that even if I don't sleep, I relax, and that helps.

Plently of pillows are needed to prop up various painful bits though - my hubby jokes about the 'Berlin Wall' of pillows I have on my side of the bed :lol::lol:
  • markc1
    markc1 Member Posts: 253
    Options
    I power nap all the time....mind you i used to nap before i had oa! :?
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    Options
    I would not cope with out a power nap ive always done it zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz night night from joanne
    Joanne
  • noeltone
    noeltone Member Posts: 878
    Options
    Hi joanne are you awake yet or are you still in the land of zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • janie68
    janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
    Options
    noeltone wrote:

Yes, I have a little nap of about 30 mins at about 4pm ish most days now. It helps me with my pain and to get through the rest of the day!! I only learnt to have a nap recently. anything to help me with my RA I am willing to try!! xx
  • joyous
    joyous Member Posts: 179
    Options
    hi all i dont have a nap at all im far to nosey for that i do like sitting in garden after gettin in from work , but i finish work at school out time so its to noisey where i live lots of young kids kicking balls against our fence and screachin alot as well as bikes raring up and down my street im usauly fine once i've got my comfy clothes on and had a brew and a sit down . the only time i have a kip is abroad usualy an hour after been at the pool all day lol x :D
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    Options
    zzzzzzzzzzzzoh hi noel you only just woke me joanne
    Joanne
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    Fell asleep for nearly 2 hours this afternoon as I did last Saturday afternoon. We had a do in the evening on Saturday and wantedto feel fresh for it. Still slept well at night too.

Coming home in the car I was noddingoff every five minutes, couldn't keep my eyes open.

I think it is all the medication and also, the reduction of Preds. I am now back down to 2.5 mg a day, which is good. Need to come off hem in case I have an op on my CTS.

I remember when I was at work, at around 2 30 every afternoon, I felt as though I had hit a brick wall. My head felt heavy, arms and legs felt heavy and had a job to put one foot in front of the other.
    One day, I was worst than other days so asked if i could go to the sick room. I was suddenly bombarded with an inquisition and told to go home. All I wanted was 40 winks.

joyful