When do you take your Leflunomide?

Options
Wonkylegs
Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
edited 25. Jun 2009, 18:54 in Living with Arthritis archive
just curious about when everyone takes their Leflunomide.

When I picked it up from the chemist I asked if there was a best time to take it. He said it didn't make any difference, although if I noticed a side effect I could try chaning the time of day and see if that helped.

only been taking it for 6 days now, but have noticed that I am really really sluggish (more than usual even when disease is active) until mid afternoon. I can't decide if that is the codeine in the cocodamols that I am having to take, or the Leflunomide or the disease.

Currently I am taking my tablets after breakfast, along with several others.

ta for any help.

Comments

• roczko
    roczko Member Posts: 92
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Wonkylegs wrote:
    Currently I am taking my tablets after breakfast, along with several others.
    That's when I take mine too (along with 3 sulfa, 1 steroid and 4 lots of tabs for blood pressure).

Can't say I've felt any more sluggish than normal although I don't take my painkillers til later in the morning.

Patrick
  • jenzie06
    jenzie06 Member Posts: 708
    Options
    I always took it at night time as it upset my stomach and gave me stomach cramps. So when I took it at night I'd try and sleep through the cramping. They wore off after a while though, or I got used to them, can't remember!!
  • anniek
    anniek Member Posts: 39
    Options
    I start mine tomorrow am going to try first thing in the morning to see how that works out
  • roczko
    roczko Member Posts: 92
    Options
    anniek wrote:
    I start mine tomorrow am going to try first thing in the morning to see how that works out
    Best wishes for that.

Patrick
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    Options
    80clock in the morning before me breakfast joanne
    Joanne
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    morning seems favourite so far then!

I did wonder about taking them at night, but decided that as I would have less food in my stomach, and also wouldn't be eating for a longer period, it might make stomach problems worse.

I'll see if things buck up when I decrease the cocodamol before starting to blame the Lef I think!

thanks everyone and good luck with the person just starting to take it - sorry i can't remember who it was and can't see the reply now to check!