It's not only the pain

Options
dachshund
dachshund Member Posts: 8,956
edited 29. Jun 2009, 14:40 in Living with Arthritis archive
it's the ache's as well from my hip's to my feet all the time every day well next week i shoud get my letter to go up the hospital for the result's'
i hope everyone has a lovely weekend.
joan xx
take care
joan xx

Comments

• joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Joan

From one Joan to another :!: :D

I know what you mean about the aches. Sometimes my legs really ache, even when I'm resting in bed. It's usually if I have been on my feet quite a lot, but sometimes for no apparent reason. I have OA in my knees, but my whole legs ache.

I hope you get on OK with your results.

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    The aches are so tiring :( If one part stops aching another starts! :? I hate it when my legs feel really heavy and walking is hard work, I find that worse on the pavements than on the grass. :roll: Another moan, oh dear, I sound like my Mother in Law used to and it drove me mad.... Love Sue
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Joan,

I really hope they can help you once your results are known. take care, Cris x
  • dachshund
    Options
    Thank you Joan Sue and Cris.
    for your kind reply's
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    hi agree things can b quite bad and u just can not find comfey position in bed 4 them no matter how many pillows :cry: . got over last flare up and feet and legs so much better hope all out there good nights sleep and pain and ache free day :D
    val
  • mistywillow
    mistywillow Member Posts: 711
    Options
    valval wrote:
    hi agree things can b quite bad and u just can not find comfey position in bed 4 them no matter how many pillows :cry: . got over last flare up and feet and legs so much better hope all out there good nights sleep and pain and ache free day :D[/quote

Hi
    For the aches I find tens machine really works. Have you tried one? Some physios will lend you one or maybe the pharmacist. If it does work then you could purchase one as they are not that expensive any more. I havent done it for a long time but It really helped having a gentle massage. The woman who used to do it was really helpful as I couldnt lie down on the plinth so she managed to work round my not very flexible body. It was lovely. Sadly she moved but I am sure others are as good so why not give it a try. I might just have another go too. :lol:
    Gillx 8)
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    was having lot of trouble with feet :cry: some one mentioned foot massege it worked a treat not a cure as such but such a help well worth it :D
    val
  • dachshund
    Options
    Thank's for your help.
    Gill i bought a tens machine and it did nothing for my pain.
    i go to the gym and have a massage to try to help it but not yet.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    Options
    Joan hello

Meant to say this before now. No one could ever accuse you of not trying everything possible to help yourself. I admire you for that.

Ange.
  • dachshund
    Options
    Thank you Ange.
    I was born with cerebral palsy and i was told by my mother you both were born like this so get on with your life i have a twin sister.
    thank you for your kind words i'm going to the hydro pool this afternoon.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • nick55
    nick55 Member Posts: 119
    Options
    spent last few days nicely overdoing it. but so much to do. what are simple normal tasks have to be thought out in advance. then i ran out of cat food so went down to the supermarket in caernarvon, this morning.
    pleasent long dive, then had a nice painful hobble round the shelves.
    I suppose one gets used to it in time, fortunately, i happened to mention it to the nice lady on the till and she came out with her own story of pain and medication. I will say for arthritis, you always get into a nice conversation with someone about a common topic. at least one can share these things.
    so, ignoring it and taking the tramdol, one gets on with life.
    i think the absence of self pity is vital but there is a need to get these things of ones chest at times. a good sense of humour often beats the tablets i find.
    My fear is winter, as it must be for all of us. my hip and knee are really going bad, and the fear is they will get no better. when the sun is shining one simply wants to get things done not sit around in the chair. -- the snowdon climb has been canceled by the way!!!
    so, i hope all is well with you, I will personally feel for your every ache and pain. I promise.
    and the aches are just as bad as the pains I agree. my hip feels dislocated when I walk right now.

best wishes,

nick

woodbon wrote:
    The aches are so tiring :( If one part stops aching another starts! :? I hate it when my legs feel really heavy and walking is hard work, I find that worse on the pavements than on the grass. :roll: Another moan, oh dear, I sound like my Mother in Law used to and it drove me mad.... Love Sue