Which anti TNF?

Options
janie68
janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
edited 29. Jun 2009, 07:08 in Living with Arthritis archive
I have been for my first anti TNF assessment this week, my DAS score was 7 so I go for my other assessment next month. The rheumy nurse said I have a choice of 3. But which one is the best?? I think they are the usual 3, I know one is enbrel but cant remember the other two. Any advice on which one to go for please? Any side effects to consider as well? Thanks.

Comments

• mrsdalloway
    mrsdalloway Member Posts: 161
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Janie I am currently on humira and have been on it since Feb. However, has started to wear off a little but is fantastic from the beginning and no side affects. Having not been able to tolerate mtx in tablet or jab I was a little sceptical about no side affects. Only minor thing is the stinging of the jab itself and the jab site gets a little itchy afterwards. Good luck! x
  • kazpaz
    kazpaz Bots Posts: 103
    Options
    Dear janie

I was given a free choice as to which anti-TNF I took first and basrd on what I had read, side effect profile etc I chose enbrel. I didn't have a good experience with it but accept that many people do. I was just unlucky. I have now switched to humira. I have not had any real problems with it, other than the good effects only last for 7 or 8 days and then I go backwards until the next jab. My rheumy intends to wait until the 3 month point and if it is still the same, he will go back to the PCT and hopefully get funding for me to have it weekly.

I honestly believe there is an element of luck in choosing, but hope you get the right one first time. :)

Kaz
  • joytotten
    joytotten Member Posts: 14
    Options
    Hi

I have been on Enbrel for 3 months. I have had no real problems exept for injection site reactions which have eased over the weeks and it seems to be working well. I didn't have a choice my consultant decided which drug I would get. As far as I am aware the three drugs are much the same. Would you prefer to self inject or have it by drip. I would rather self inject at home.
  • susie51
    susie51 Member Posts: 57
    Options
    Hi I have decided that Methotrexate has compromised my immunity to such a degree that I cannot cope with it any more so am investigating other options, anti tnfs being one. I know very little and even less about side effects any one out there got a clear view on this they could share, thanks