Is RA affecting my IT skills???

Options
roczko
roczko Member Posts: 92
edited 29. Jun 2009, 09:16 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello Collywobble and welcome!

What's the reason for not wanting to start any type of treatment can I ask?

I can understand not wanting to take methotrexate but there are other DMARDS that can help with this wretched disease.

I'm pleased to read that you have had an improvement in the past few months but as I think you mentioned on the other post - be prepared! Lulled into a false sense of security and wham! it hits again :wink:

All the best.

Patrick

Comments

• woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello, I've just looked at your posting from a few months back.

I think the medics are going down the route that is seen as the best treatment by NICE. Also I'm sure the doctors you've seen see this as the best option of treatment for you. The drugs you have been offered help to stop your RA getting worse, if possilbe, and giveing you pain relief.

If you like the idea of alternative medicine, then this is your choice. There are medics that practice it. It is, however not a reccomended treatment by the NHS. I do'nt know if some places fund it, but I think they may not be allowed to use NHS funds on this, please dont take this as accurate fact, as it may well be possible to get funding for these treatments.

I think you will have to do some research about alternative treatment.

Personally its not for me, but that is my choice.

Good luck Sue
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Options
    Hiya

I don't have anything to add to the excellent advice in the last 2 posts except to say that I was diagnosed with RA in March this year and was put on MTX soon after. I'm on my 8th week of it now and apparently you start to notice a difference after 12. I'm waiting to see what happens.

I know what you mean about not knowing when the pain is going to hit. I'm always surprised about the new places the RA finds to settle.

It's a good idea to keep coming on this site to get advice and support. I don't know what I'd do without it.

Nx
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    Options
    Hi there welcome to site and i have ra also. I was surprised and still am at the lack of support ra sufferers have but ive found we have to find it. I have found good information new friends on this site and nrasis also a very good organization to find out thins and they do lot of leaflets also. I belong to a support group artheritis care. I wish the disease was more widely known about i fid i have to axplain things and they dont always understan. any way welcome any questions ask away. joanne
    Joanne