Can't Plan ahead any more

Options
joyful164
joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
edited 30. Jun 2009, 11:13 in Living with Arthritis archive
This year has, so far, made me realise that I cannot plan too far ahead. In February, I was making some bookings for events with our Citroens Special Car Club. Car runs, long weekends away, exploring the countryside with our friends, generally having a good time and a laugh.

Since February, we have had to cancel at least two events, because I was too ill with a flare up and could not have gone on the car runs. It would have been too painful. One of the events was such a bargain too with our rooms in the pub being just £50 for the 2 nights. This was the trip to the North Yorkshire Moors and Coast.

This last weekend we were to have camped and stayed 5 nights, but instead, managed to get a chalet on the sight (Woodhall Spa in Lincolnshire) cost us £60 extra, for only 3 nights. Even then, through the whole event, I was in pain with my arms and hands. Listening to everyones' advice on what I should be doing, and not doing and that I should stop taking the tablets, seek alternative medicines. All that type of thing. I have spent today just getting over all the travelling. Every bit of me hurts from my feet and ankles (which kept locking up) my legs and hips. They have never aches so much in all my life.
My back feels like it's breaking. I could go on and on.
At the end of the day though, this hot weather really doesn't help me.
So for planning ahead now, I don't think it is possible, which means that we shall miss out on a lot of things. I am only praying now that I won't be going through any major flare up again, or that my consultant has arranged an emergency op for my hand and arm.

Just think positive. None of these things are going to happen. Are they? Sorry for my moaning and being a bore. Don't really mean to.

joyful

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Joy,

I am sorry you have had such a rough time of it this year. You are clearly a strong person and its not fair that has been tested so much. I also think that what ever you will miss out on you gain the last minute bookings choice and people tell me thats really good value and choices? So you hang in there, don't look to far ahead and well things often do sort out and come together and it gets better. A cyber ((( ))) and take care, Cris x
  • kathbee
    kathbee Member Posts: 934
    Options
    Hi Joy

I dont think you are a bore or a moaner.

Same thing happens to me a lot and its a
    way of life, not the way of life I want though.

Glad you managed to get off for the weekend
    but sorry you are having pay back time.

Flare ups are a flaming nuisance (no pun intended)
    hope you do better very very soon.

Kath
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    know what u mean freinds of our r going away 4 the weekend :) in sept asked us to go with them :) but i have put off booking as dont know how well i will b :( if this weekend would b no trouble but who knows said will book nearer the time if possible :?
    val
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    I think that even if you went and you were in a lot of pain, you can try to grin and laugh through it all, but like last Saturday night, I was having trouble eating my food. OH had to cut it up for me. I started off not wearing my splint because of the way it looked, but then had to go and put it on because, in actual fact, it did releave my fingers

I feel like telling my OH to go off on some of these rallies without me. At least he could enjoy himself and get to drive his car but he says he can't leave me at home on my own. How would I manage if I was ill or in a lot of pain. Bless him. He's very patient.

I've just got to be well for this time next year. Yes, I know it forward planning, but we are suppose to be going to Norway and I am determined to go there.

joyful
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Dear Joyful,

I have the same problem.My partner loves to go out on his lambretta but has to miss so many events because I cannot be left alone with the children. Sometimes his mum stays for a weekend to babysit all of us,including me,so he can go away and have a break but we cannot arrange that often.
    I think booking at the last minute is a good idea but it still feels bad when you have to tell them you cannot manage to travel after all.

Take care and be positive! Tkachev.
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options
    Hi Joyful
    I am so sorry you had such a grotty time away and are having such a grotty time with blummin arthur :(
    Those people and their silly 'helpful' advice eh? They ALL know 'someone' don't they? How do we get rid of them eh?
    My husband is a classic car lover too (I think I told you before) and he is looking forward to us going here and there when the kids are older and I am very worried I shan't be able to :(
    I think thouigh you should still book to go on some. Choose your accomodation carefully for your comfort before you go and not so much cost. Your hubby obvioulsy thinks you are worth it :wink: and so he should! We are more than just our bodies aren't we?
    If there are any really important ones you could always think about having a steroid jab in your bum?
    Lastly you are not moaning and are quite rightly upset! So there! If you can't sound off to us lot - then who can you to?
    Take care
    Toni x