dla

Options
sandy123
sandy123 Member Posts: 29
edited 11. Jul 2009, 08:17 in Living with Arthritis archive
hi all my husband has been diagonised with RA, put in for dla still waiting, said thye were going to send a doc round to see him, but just had a phone call to say they know have the gp report so wont be sending a dla doc round, good news or bad dont know what to think, gp doctor is very good and helping him, great site been looking at it for a couple of weeks, thanks for any advise.

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,419
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Sandy and welcome from me!
    I hope that that is GOOD news and that it's obvious from Docs report just how much help he needs?
    Let's hope so :)
    Take care
    Toni x
  • sandy123
    Options
    thank you
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hello and Welcome, I hope that its good news, sounds like good news, I really hope so. :):)

Glad you've found this site, I hope it'll be usefull for you and your husband. Its a good way of getting tips and just communicating, when going out and about is hard.

Love Sue
  • sandy123
    Options
    thank you
  • prayerman1973
    prayerman1973 Member Posts: 24
    Options
    Hi Sandy,
    I cannot say if it's good or bad news, but I do feel it has been a benefit to you and your husband that the Dr is not visiting as a friend of mine is RA positive and has disfugurement to his hands and knees, however, when the Dr visited he asked him silly questions not concerning medication, condition or the such, but can you butter a slice of bread, can you zip and unzip yourself to use the toilet. My friend said yes to both and was immediately refused dla. So it may be a good thing that they're going to depend on GP report, which I am assuming carries some weight.

Hope it goes well for you both

Alan
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    sandy123 wrote:
    hi all my husband has been diagonised with RA, put in for dla still waiting, said thye were going to send a doc round to see him, but just had a phone call to say they know have the gp report so wont be sending a dla doc round, good news or bad dont know what to think, gp doctor is very good and helping him, great site been looking at it for a couple of weeks, thanks for any advise.

As you have a good GP then you should be positive. He will have access to all your records and know your problems. It all depends on the nonmedically trained DLA assessor and how you have completed the form, but at least it is moving on.

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • ritnew
    ritnew Member Posts: 338
    Options
    Hi
    Welcome from me also.
    I got my DLA with reports from my gp and consultant.
    Fingers crossed for you.

Rita X
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    Options
    I was turned down for dia first time round this knocked me confidance i left it for a bit asked for the papers again got the help line dia peole to do the filling in of form over phone and he asked me stuff i had not thought of and they wrote to gp then and i got it.
    I htink a gp carries some weight this maybe good thing for him good luck with that and welcome to site joanne :):)
    Joanne
  • sandy123
    Options
    hi all
    well got a refusal today from the dla, phoned back up told them his circumstances have changed ,told the man on the phone different things have to know put it in writing, said they will look at this first if he gets another refusal will have to go to appeal is this right, says it will take another 12 weeks,
    said on the letter he could walk more than 50 meters which he cant, cant do a lot of things know for himself, has a rhumy appointment on tuesday, would it be best to get cab to write the letter for him.
    he is 64 and did not ask for this ra to happen just come n this year,, the man on the phone didnt seem very interested, said it didnt matter if you were in pain just what he could do. not very happy today
    rant over .
  • sandy123
    Options
    :(
  • magicdragon
    magicdragon Member Posts: 75
    Options
    I know how bad this fight is and its such a struggle when your in so much pain, big hugs and keep fighting for what you need
  • plmb48
    plmb48 Member Posts: 125
    Options
    sandy123 wrote:
    hi all
    well got a refusal today from the dla, phoned back up told them his circumstances have changed ,told the man on the phone different things have to know put it in writing, said they will look at this first if he gets another refusal will have to go to appeal is this right, says it will take another 12 weeks,
    said on the letter he could walk more than 50 meters which he cant, cant do a lot of things know for himself, has a rhumy appointment on tuesday, would it be best to get cab to write the letter for him.
    he is 64 and did not ask for this ra to happen just come n this year,, the man on the phone didnt seem very interested, said it didnt matter if you were in pain just what he could do. not very happy today
    rant over .

hi 123 go to welfare rights address at local library they fill in forms and will represent you at any meetings you will have.
    welcome to the forum too pauline :shock: :shock:
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    plmb48 wrote:
    hi 123 go to welfare rights address at local library they fill in forms and will represent you at any meetings you will have.
    welcome to the forum too pauline

The quote above is most likely your best next move. Have you obtained a copy of your GP's letter, as it may make comments about fitness, (how far can your hubby walk, etc.)? You have to be very careful what is entered onto the claim form when you apply. DLA will be refused for any reason which doesn't quite meet their criteria and they tend to be a bit fussy.

Keep going though, as people have reported success at appeal. It sometimes seems that they see if you are trying it on and when you persist by appealing, they then give you the benefit.

Some-days it does feel a bitn045.gif

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • sandy123
    Options
    thank you for replying, he goes to the rhumy on tuesday it is his first visit had to wait ages to see someone, so will see what happens there, hope he gets put on some medication for it, thank you