jsut remembered - can anyone help?

Options
bailey27
bailey27 Member Posts: 689
edited 30. Jun 2009, 15:14 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi
I have started a thread with referance to my bad rheumy appointment yesterday so wen she mentioned won't bore you with it again.
I jsut remembered when she was talking to me and telling me how it might not be inflammatory arthritis after all she mentioned Anklosing spondo....something or other that it might not be an inflammatory condition but be something where bits of bone grow on the verterbrae / hip....this was mentioned but not discussed so dont really know what she meant by it.
It was one of those appointments where I got upset and was not in the frame of mind to be ta she didnt give me a chlking let alone ask questions (whichance to anyway!).
Any ideas what this means???

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    She may well mean bone spurs which can occur in any location on the body. Google bone spurs.

Elna
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,424
    Options
    Hi Bailey
    I hope you are feeling a bit better today.
    I have heard of ankolising spond yes. I thing the bones fuse together and become solid or something.
    Thought it was more in the spine? Might be worth a google as Elna says?
    Take care
    Toni x
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hello, sorry you had a bad time. From what you say, it sounds as if she was talking about bone spurs (the also have a medical name, which is osteophates, but I have probably spelt that incorrectly!! :oops: ). I hope you feel better today. :wink:
    Love Sue
  • caravancollie
    caravancollie Member Posts: 66
    Options
    Hi,
    Sorry to hear you are having such a rough time at present. Your doc may have said ankylosing spondylitis which means fusing together and inflammation of vertebra in the back. The website Nass.co.uk has lots of info.
    Hope things get better soon
    Elaine
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    Hi,
    Sorry to hear you are having such a rough time at present. Your doc may have said ankylosing spondylitis which means fusing together and inflammation of vertebra in the back. The website Nass.co.uk has lots of info.
    Hope things get better soon
    Elaine

That sounds like it, I was just about to google it when I realised I couldn't spell akoolisin spondywatsit.
    k040.gif

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif