CLICK HERE!!!!

dramaqueen
dramaqueen Member Posts: 9
edited 6. Aug 2009, 15:02 in Young people's community
Hi...i hav already posted here but i want sum more advice and who ever is reading this, could you reply? i have juvenile idiopathic arthris (JIA) and have had it since i was 8 :( . i am on embrel and growth hormone as i am the smallest in my whole school. even the new S1 s are taller than me :oops: :oops: . its possible that you dont hav JIA as it is very common, especially in my age group.
REPLY SOMEONE.
Holly. xxx :wink:

Comments

• bailey27
    bailey27 Member Posts: 689
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi
    I dont have what you have but there hopefully will be someone along to give more advice than I can.
    Are you wanting to know more advice aout your condtion?
    What information are you after exactly??
    Even if someone can't give you the advice you will get lots of encouragement and support on here!
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Hiya Holly

How are you today? Is it hot enough for you? I am finding it a little unbearable! If I was sat on a beach near an icecream van and bar I would be ok though!!

Take care
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • lindah
    lindah Member Posts: 445
    Hello,sorry but I am a wrinklie with o/a but wondered if you had tried the helpline on here.
    Lots of peeps have recommended it.If you make a list of questions you would like answered if you do not want to speak to someone you could ask for the leaflets etc.The omly alternative i can see is to post separate posts with each query or try the living with arthritis forum too.
    Linda H 8)
  • newark
    newark Member Posts: 32
    dramaqueen wrote:
    Hi...i hav already posted here but i want sum more advice and who ever is reading this, could you reply? i have juvenile idiopathic arthris (JIA) and have had it since i was 8 :( . i am on embrel and growth hormone as i am the smallest in my whole school. even the new S1 s are taller than me :oops: :oops: . its possible that you dont hav JIA as it is very common, especially in my age group.
    REPLY SOMEONE.

Hi Holly,

Well, I'm not your age anymore (fairly sure I was once) but I do have JIA. I was diagnosed as a baby. Yes, it does make you shorter it seems - I was 5 foot but am 5 foot 1 since haivng both my hips replaced earlier in the year! don't laugh, it's an important inch :lol: . You don't say how old you are - it is possible to grow out of JA but I'm not sure about JIA - need to ask docs about that one.

Hope you are coping ok. It's important to keep mobile when possible and try and keep the full range of movement going in your joints. I'm 37 (I know, ancient) but I don't have the classic signs of RA due to doing lots of physio when younger.

I do remember how frustrating it was, especially at school when if I was off ill for a while I would return to find my friends had moved on. It didn't usually take long to pick things up again though.

Take care,

Lorraine
  • jenifur
    jenifur Member Posts: 26
    newark wrote:
    dramaqueen wrote:
    REPLY SOMEONE.

Hi Holly,

Well, I'm not your age anymore (fairly sure I was once) but I do have JIA. I was diagnosed as a baby. Yes, it does make you shorter it seems - I was 5 foot but am 5 foot 1 since haivng both my hips replaced earlier in the year! don't laugh, it's an important inch :lol: . You don't say how old you are - it is possible to grow out of JA but I'm not sure about JIA - need to ask docs about that one.

Hope you are coping ok. It's important to keep mobile when possible and try and keep the full range of movement going in your joints. I'm 37 (I know, ancient) but I don't have the classic signs of RA due to doing lots of physio when younger.

I do remember how frustrating it was, especially at school when if I was off ill for a while I would return to find my friends had moved on. It didn't usually take long to pick things up again though.

Take care,

Lorraine

i too have JIA, and have had for as long as i can remember. im 23 next week - and im 5'9 tall - so it didnt stunt my growth!!! except in my hands jaw and feet (which are a size 3) you're not alone, and i think its a more common condition than you expect. As lorraine said, it is possible to grow out of JA, either JIA or JCA. i however went undiagnosed for quite a long time, until i was 14 (they did tet after test on me for litrally YEARS brfore figuring out what was wrong) so i have quite a lot of damage. i have just had my hip replaced tho, which has helped me a lot. any questions you have, i or someone like me who also has it will do our very best to help. its a great forum this! take care, i wish you all the best x x x x