my left leg fels like its burning inside any one any ideas ?

joyous
joyous Member Posts: 179
edited 1. Jul 2009, 17:33 in Living with Arthritis archive
hi my left leg on the shin bit inside feels like its burning , it isn hot to touch just feels really hot inside my knee is bad at the moment got swellin above it same leg . the underneath of my foot is the same ive had ra 14 years now am im at the hos on mon for my arthur check up. its all the left side at the mo . :?

Comments

• prayerman1973
    prayerman1973 Member Posts: 24
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi,
    First of all I am sorry that you are suffering with this right now. I have not been confirmed RA, however, my GP believes I may be seronegative, anyway, my legs and feet suffer more than any other part of my body, but I have not had the symptom you describe in the legs but I did in the hand knuckles, they were burning for 3 days but to touch them felt normal. When the burning subsided I was left with stiff fingers, even now and that was about a month ago. What I felt helped was to submerse my hands into cold water for a minute or two and repeated this a few times a day, I am guesing that an ice pack, if you have not tried it yet, may bring some relief however slight.

Hope you do not suffer for too long

Alan
  • joyous
    thanks its never happened to me before its a new one on me its avery odd feeling indeed i will try something cold on it . arthur works in mysterious ways think mine on its way back down my body again started all them years ago in my feet worked its way up to my head that was awfoul right at the base of the scull that knocked me for 6 was at work when that happened couldn move my head and got sent home from fwork hope that never happens agains . im sure im positive ra just cant remember will have to find originial letter from hos not quite sure what the difference is ive only been on this site a few months now but i think its great every one is great cos unless you have it other ppl dont have a clue and think your pulling a fast one my sister does always moanin at me for moanin i cant walk as fast as her any more so shopping with her is tuff thanks for your support all the best joy xx :(
  • nick55
    nick55 Member Posts: 119
    only since i started taking diclofenic has this stopped. sometimes both knees at once would start burning, when in bed. I would just lie there, not so much in pain, but incredulous that so much heat could be generated like that. I always refer to it as blowtorches in ones knee caps. I just let them burn, and eventually went to sleep. nothing ever bad has come from this just nature doing its stuff I think
    have you tried diclofenic or similar? I suggest once the inflammation is brought under control you should see the end of this problem,

Nick
  • joyous
    nick55 wrote:
    only since i started taking diclofenic has this stopped. sometimes both knees at once would start burning, when in bed. I would just lie there, not so much in pain, but incredulous that so much heat could be generated like that. I always refer to it as blowtorches in ones knee caps. I just let them burn, and eventually went to sleep. nothing ever bad has come from this just nature doing its stuff I think
    have you tried diclofenic or similar? I suggest once the inflammation is brought under control you should see the end of this problem,

Nick
    hi no what is it im on celebex, pred .enbrel, mtx and pain lillers solpadol and parcetamols , pravastaitn and asthma inhalers its a horrible feelin and weird just in left shin all the best joy x
  • nusrat
    nusrat Member Posts: 14
    test
  • nusrat
    nusrat Member Posts: 14
    Hello

I also have RA and this is a familiar feeling unfortunately to me. I used to take Diclofenac however I had terrible gastric problems with it so came off it recently, but it does work. In addition to that 3xparacetamols tend to calm it down. its not a pleasant feeling and rather scary too. Hope it gets better