Tiredness and Feeling Rotten

Options
annebr
annebr Member Posts: 730
edited 1. Jul 2009, 12:41 in Living with Arthritis archive
I seem to be having one of those days woke up tired and even after a long afternoon nap was still tired. I have FAI and OA and to add insult to injury I am currently undergoing tests for IBD. Also, have inflamation of the eyes at the moment which isn't helping.

Today seems to be just one of those days that I am lethargic and don't feel well but couldn't tell you why I don't feel great.

Does everyone suffer from these days?

Sorry for the moan

Anne

Comments

• suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I have ra and i am in flair so i am very tired and lathargic this weather and my illness just draind me. I havent done much for a few days. I hope we both feel better soon best wishes joanne
    Joanne
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    yes some very bad days only work 4 hours in afternoon but sometimes have to nap before i go or would not get through afternoon :( hope u better soon :)
    val
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    annebr wrote:
    I seem to be having one of those days woke up tired and even after a long afternoon nap was still tired. I have FAI and OA and to add insult to injury I am currently undergoing tests for IBD. Also, have inflamation of the eyes at the moment which isn't helping.

Today seems to be just one of those days that I am lethargic and don't feel well but couldn't tell you why I don't feel great.

Anne

Sounds like a normal day to me. I have to always mentally drive myself just to get through a typical day. I think most of us do.

Not much help for you, but at least you are not alone. k050.gif

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • breane
    breane Member Posts: 392
    Options
    Hi Anne,I think tiredness is one of the most common side effects of arthritis. :( Since I was diagnosed with OA and RA I feel lethargic most days.Although when I was on steroids I had masses of energy and didn't feel tired at all.Since having to cut them down before coming off them completely,I am back to feeling tired again and the hot weather hasn't helped.I seem to be doing everything in slow motion! :? Breane.x
  • colinone
    colinone Member Posts: 1,039
    Options
    Hi guys sounds about normal to me, good days are far and few between, i remember the old days when i felt like me, now i am this person i dont even know, i look in the mirror and my shell resembles the person i used to be but inside what the hell
  • annebr
    annebr Member Posts: 730
    Options
    I think the worst thing is the guilt at not being able to do as much as you used to and then the anger.

Thanks for your messages, I know I am not alone.

Anne
  • sharmaine
    sharmaine Member Posts: 1,638
    Options
    Hi Anne

I've just woken up from my afternoon sleep. I went to the post office and by the time I got back home - I was dripping! I had a shower; a low fat ice cream. Put the fan on and I was out like a light! My eyes were bothering me all last week and in desperation I took an astihistamine and used some eyedrops - much better this week. It's this weather - it wears you out.

I'm not complaining, but how people can lie out and bake in this sun is beyond me!!!

I think we should listen to our bodies and if you need a lie down then do it. I was lethargic all last week.

I hope you feel better soon.

Sharmaine
    annebr wrote:

Sorry for the moan

Anne
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi. Tiredness is a side effect, I think. Also this hot weather seems to take all my energy. Put the two things together and you have a recipe for feeling really Yuk..

Hope you soon feel better.
    Love Sue

Re-reading this I should have said tiredness is a symptom. :oops: