holiday

Options
bevman
bevman Member Posts: 107
edited 1. Jul 2009, 06:54 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi everybody i wrote a couple of weeks ago about how my husband would cope with a flight to the US well we made it and we are back he had to use a wheel chair the whole of the time we were there and did have a few really bad days but he said it was worth it just to see our son.We applied for a disabled pass for over there because on some web sites it said they would not let us use the british one so that really helped.He also went to see his rummy doctor today he is keeping him on all the same meds just wants him to try and increase his MTX and he is sending him to have his hands ankle and elbow drained hope they dont do it all at the same time he had his knee done when he was in hospital and it really did work.He was also really supportive about my husbands penson which we are fighting for and he has already told them that his RA is proving very difficult to control and 1 in 3 people dont respond to treatment and guess what he is one of the three.But he said he would send another letter if needed only this time he would not be as nice at least it might get sorted .Oh well just thought i would let you no how the holiday went take care everybody Alison

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,419
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Alison!
    Well done t9o both of you - you did it and din't let the RA win did you?! You hubby should be very proud of himself!
    I'm sure it was well-worth it to see your son and that he really really appreciated you going.
    Siounds as though the rheumy is supportive and will do his very best to hel;p yor husband get his meds right.
    Again well done :!:
    Toni xx