Just Told Manager

denpen
denpen Member Posts: 389
Hi
Well today I plucked up the courage and told my Manager that I would be having THR probably in August but dont know exact date yet. my pre- op is on 30 July. She was really nice, but I will wait and see as I know from experience that she has another side "The Company Side" where people dont matter only the "Company". Still its me thats in pain and when I return to work hopefully I will be fit and pain free again. She actually asked me how I felt about having the op and I told her that I am soooo scared, but, will look forward to after its all over and I am not relying on painkillers to get me through the day.
Denise

Comments

• nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Denise
    Well done on getting that over with! It must have been a bit nervewracking, wondering what her reaction would be. But as you say, you need to look after number one, as it is you in pain.
    Hope the pre op`s go well
    NB
  • topgirl
    topgirl Member Posts: 290
    Its hard telling your line manager isnt it....You never know what reaction ur going to get....
    Hopefully your operation will go well and enable you to be in less pain when you back to work.
    Hope all goes well.
  • maz6850
    maz6850 Member Posts: 10
    denpen wrote:
    Hi
    Well today I plucked up the courage and told my Manager that I would be having THR probably in August but dont know exact date yet. my pre- op is on 30 July. She was really nice, but I will wait and see as I know from experience that she has another side "The Company Side" where people dont matter only the "Company". Still its me thats in pain and when I return to work hopefully I will be fit and pain free again. She actually asked me how I felt about having the op and I told her that I am soooo scared, but, will look forward to after its all over and I am not relying on painkillers to get me through the day.
    Denise
    Hang onto as much pain relief that they give u !!! but seriously take all advice from physio and be prepared for hard work .... I had my first 2 yrs ago never got back to work as the other one went an 12mths later had the 2nd one done .still not got back as my right shoulder gave in ( had that op 7weeks ago).. now at 59 in for ill-health retirement.... and after the way me HeadT treated me I don`t want any do or fuss .. I saw the other side of her when she realised I could not get straight back ... What they don`t seem to realise is how much pain you are in as well as coping with everyday work...I hope you get a date soon as the waiting and pain does wear you down ..wishing u all the best and remember when you`re down there is light at end of tunnel AND Its not the meccano kit thats the problem its the healing of the brisket ...giggle mine was a big piece .....good luck luv xxx[/img]
  • denpen
    denpen Member Posts: 389
    Hi
    Thanks to the three of you for your replies, My cross trainer is there waiting for me to use it, (thats me trying to lose weight and build up muscle strength) I have very good intentions and I jump on it every few days for a few minutes, but its better than nothing I suppose. I must admit the manager has been very good "even if she had to be told to be careful with me or so it seems!!!" She tells me not to do anything that I cant manage and there is no way I would cause myself any more pain than I have too.
    Denise