hello fellow arthritics !

valbrown
valbrown Member Posts: 3
edited 21. Jul 2009, 13:16 in Say Hello Archive
Hi, this is my first note as I've just joined the site. Been reading some of the good stuff about arthritis, and all the great help and tips from others, and I don't feel so alone now. At aged 55 I've just been diagnosed with A, and I now feel about 85 and washed up. I'm just not ready for this yet, there is so much more I want to do before I join the choir invisible. Yeah I know it's not terminal cancer - but it makes me realize I'm getting older, and I don't like that. Honestly I could rant for England about it ! :cry: Pleeze write and tell me some nice, positive stuff as I am abit low at this moment in time. Tips for coping generally - and any help with eating or avoiding certain foods that may help would be greatfully accepted. Thanks folks! :roll:

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Val,

Welcome and glad you found the site they are a nice group of people. As you have already found there are lots of helpful posts and things as well.

I think its open to debate weather food is a good or bad thing but somethings seem to up set some people and other things seem to help. You haven't said which arthritis you have but one thing I do know is you can fight back and though it will win you can't half give it a run so don't give up to it yet.

Anyway the biggest positive is you get to meet the people here and they really are a good lot.

Take care and if you ask your questions over on the living with forum more people may see it. Cris x
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Hi Val :D

Welcome to the site. You are definitely in the right place to meet others all in the same boat, all varying ages and all ready to help if possible and offer loads of support which we all need at some time or other. It is early days for you and it has all come as a huge shock but you will find in time that you adapt and come to terms with it. Please join us on the other forums and ask as many questions as you like, you will always get replies.

Luv
    Elna
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi Val
    Pixy is right! The best thing is getting to meet all of Us!!!!!
    Serioulsy though there is life after arthur - different maybe, but still a good life ahead of you.
    Once you have got your head around it and your pain releif under control you tend to feel a whole lot better.
    Have a look on the otgher forums and join in and you'll soon feel better and part of a great on-line community/family.
    Hope to see you around
    Toni x
  • debatat
    debatat Member Posts: 659
    Hi, sorry you feel so low. The positive things about arthritis are it makes you appreciate the things you have and can still enjoy. I have more time to do things I enjoy. I hope you feel better soon. Gettting a diagnosis can be a rollercoaster of emotions.

Take care

Deb