Hello back and bruised!!!

Options
woodbon
woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
edited 27. Jul 2009, 07:04 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello, I'm back from my holiday and we had a nice time. I managed quite well and walked about 1 mile of steep path, but felt a bit stiff the next day!

I did manage to visit the local hospital minor injuries unit. I was wearing trainers and got out of the car,a Landrover, stepped out on to the grass to and fell straight onto my back :x :x :x The hand I put out to save myself, was the one that had carpel tunnel surgery last month, it hurt :cry: and started bleeding under the skin. :( We had a fast drive down a very steep pass to the local hospital = by this time my wrist was swollen and my elbow, but no more than usual when my arther is bad. Outcome x-rayed as soon as arrived. No fracture and the scar bruising and swelling stayed the same. So I've come back a bit sore, embarressed and with a new brace! I've got to see the plastic surgeon next week. Hes already told me i've been doing too much :oops: . We had a very nice time though!! :D:D:D And I've got a story to tell. Love Sue

Comments

• mrsdalloway
    mrsdalloway Member Posts: 161
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Sue glad you had a nice time although time you gave the stunt work up! Glad you ok x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,485
    Options
    Oh Sue!!!
    You are naughty!
    You will get a slapped wrist (other hand!) when you go to see surgeon!!
    Glad you had a good time despite your experience!
    TAKE CARE NOW!!!
    Toni xx
  • jenzie06
    jenzie06 Member Posts: 708
    Options
    Oh no! Hope diversion to local hospital didn't spoil your holiday.

I got told off by my plastic surgeon after doing too much after my hand surgery. But the impact of the telling off was abated a bit when both my surgeon and I realised at the same time that he had his flies open. I've never seen someone shuffled under a desk quicker. It was very funny!
  • woodbon
    Options
    Hello, I'll try and be more careful now! :shock: My husbands reaction was ' You've scratched the car!' I know my place now. :wink: Love Sue
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Glad you enjoyed your self Sue and welcome back. I hope your bruises don't stay long and that the car scratch gets better as well :wink: Luv Cris x
  • mistywillow
    mistywillow Member Posts: 711
    Options
    skezier wrote:
    Glad you enjoyed your self Sue and welcome back. I hope your bruises don't stay long and that the car scratch gets better as well :wink: Luv Cris x

Most people check out the local hotels on holiday not the A and E departments :shock: Glad you had a good time though and the damage sounds minimal, at least to the car anyway :lol:
    Gillx
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    Bit too late for advice, but you should never try to break your fall with your hands. Usual result is a sprained shoulder, broken collar bone or wrist. They should make it part of the coping with arthritis courses. How to Fall Properly. Do they???
    l015.gif

Even though its about snowboarding, there is some information on falling, about halfway down the page at http://www.ski-injury.com/specific-injuries/wrist

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    Options
    Glad to see you back. sorry to hear about your fall hope your arm feels better soon joanne
    Joanne
  • debatat
    debatat Member Posts: 659
    Options
    Glad you had a good holiday, sorry about your fall though. Hope it heals quickly.

Deb
  • angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    Options
    Welcome back Sue. You couldn`t even manage a week without a mishap?

So glad it wasn`t more serious. It so easily could have been. REST NOW......Much love......Ange.
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi Sue

Welcome back! Can't take you anywhere, aye? Bet you were momentarily really scared you had done some damage and I don't mean to the car :lol::lol:

Glad you are ok and the incident, did not marr your holiday too much.

Stay on your feet, no more taking purlers :lol::lol:

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    woodbon wrote:
    Hello, I'm back from my holiday and we had a nice time. I managed quite well and walked about 1 mile of steep path, but felt a bit stiff the next day!

I did manage to visit the local hospital minor injuries unit. I was wearing trainers and got out of the car,a Landrover, stepped out on to the grass to and fell straight onto my back :x :x :x The hand I put out to save myself, was the one that had carpel tunnel surgery last month, it hurt :cry: and started bleeding under the skin. :( We had a fast drive down a very steep pass to the local hospital = by this time my wrist was swollen and my elbow, but no more than usual when my arther is bad. Outcome x-rayed as soon as arrived. No fracture and the scar bruising and swelling stayed the same. So I've come back a bit sore, embarressed and with a new brace! I've got to see the plastic surgeon next week. Hes already told me i've been doing too much :oops: . We had a very nice time though!! :D:D:D And I've got a story to tell. Love Sue

Hi Woodbon

So glad you didn't harm yourself and no breaks. You must have been panicking. Now you have to face your plastic surgeon. Hope he is kind to you!

joyful
  • woodbon
    Options
    Hello, Apart from being achy, I'm fine thankyou all. The hills were alive with something but it wasn't music, when I did it!! :shock: The sheep looked worried!

The place was lovely and despite the weather, the mountains are fantastic. The hotel gave us a lovely ground floor room, so no steps apart from the odd one in the old part. Food great and staff very helpful. Glad to be home though, I was missing the cats, andyou lot!1 :lol: Love Sue
  • skinnylin
    skinnylin Member Posts: 5
    Options
    woodbon wrote:
    Hello, Apart from being achy, I'm fine thankyou all. The hills were alive with something but it wasn't music, when I did it!! :shock: The sheep looked worried!

The place was lovely and despite the weather, the mountains are fantastic. The hotel gave us a lovely ground floor room, so no steps apart from the odd one in the old part. Food great and staff very helpful. Glad to be home though, I was missing the cats, andyou lot!1 :lol: Love Sue

Hi, I dont go on here very often but after reading your post I had to laugh- not at you! I have just returned from holiday in Somerset and something similar happened to me.I was walking and slipped on a muddy slope and fell flat on my back. I also must have put my elbow down as that was very bruised. It hurt so much from my back round to my ribs and it hurt to breathe. So like you ended up in A&E with a four hour wait. Got checked out and nothing broken but it really knocked me for six. Have RA in wrists and it seems to have set it off. That was all on the first day! Continued with our holiday which was lovely and back home now still with painfull bruises!
  • woodbon
    Options
    skinnylin wrote:
    woodbon wrote:

Hi, I dont go on here very often but after reading your post I had to laugh- not at you! I have just returned from holiday in Somerset and something similar happened to me.I was walking and slipped on a muddy slope and fell flat on my back. I also must have put my elbow down as that was very bruised. It hurt so much from my back round to my ribs and it hurt to breathe. So like you ended up in A&E with a four hour wait. Got checked out and nothing broken but it really knocked me for six. Have RA in wrists and it seems to have set it off. That was all on the first day! Continued with our holiday which was lovely and back home now still with painfull bruises!

Sorry you've had to go and fall over, its so easy to do isn't it? I felt such a twit laying on the ground flat on my back and despite the pain, I could'nt get into the car quickly enough! Blimmy but I felt sick and faint with the shock and pain for a few hours! :oops: Hope it didn't spoil your holiday too much! :wink: Love Sue