First Pain free Day woohoo

Options
sammy15
sammy15 Member Posts: 19
edited 24. Jul 2009, 03:16 in Living with Arthritis archive
I can`t believe i have had my very first complete pain free day since i was struck down with RA at the begining of this year.
This is following my appointment with the doctors yesterday who gave me another painkiller to take called Tramadol.
So i am now taking co-codamol ,naproxen and Tramadol as pain killers along side my mtx and other tabs.
I was also given anti depression tablets as i have found it hard to come to terms with having RA and coping with the daily pain ect.

But today feeling pain free i could see a light at the end of the tunnel in regards to returning to my job some time in the future.
I am a commuinty care worker and love my job so very much,the only thing that let me down was feeling dizzy and a bit spaced out lol so if i could get over that hurdle i would go back to work tomorrow if i had the chance.
One quick question i felt sick this morning when i took Tramadol and was sick this evening after taking it ,does that stop after a while or will it always happen when taking that tablet

Comments

• livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Sammy

Remember to take things a bit steady. When we feel well, then we tend to celebrate by overdoing it.

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    Options
    Josephs right about that i get carried away and end up knocking self around glad you are enjoying a pain free day all the best joanne :)
    Joanne
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Sammy,

I am glad you have found some decent pain relief it makes so much difference. I find pain just brings you down without the upset of the underlying causes and then I start worrying and fretting!

I have been on Tramodol for a few years now and i did used to feel sick after I took them but i don't now so it may get better. I am not sure you should actually be sick though so I would pop in to a chemist and just have a quiet word with a pharmacist.

I hope it all sorts out for you, Cris x
  • janie68
    janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
    Options
    That's great news!!

Dont go mad and over do it now. Tramadol at first used to make me very bunged up but then I started eating liquorice allsorts which sorted it. My hubby says its a very poor excuse for eating them every night :lol:

Keep well

Janie
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    That is really great news, Sammy. You must feel like you are walking on air. As others have said, please don't try to run before you can walk" sort of thing. It is so easy to feel well and overdo things. It is brilliant that you are now thinking of going back to work, but again, be patient and wait a good few days to see how things are progressing.

Sorry to hear about the sickness - there is always something, isn't there? It may pass but you can get anti sickness pills again, as others have said. Some people do feel spaced out and dizzy on Tramadol, see how it goes. Everyone reacts differently to these drugs.

I hope your day goes as well as yesterday :D:D

All the best,
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • debatat
    debatat Member Posts: 659
    Options
    Hi, I am really glad you are having pain free days. I take tramadol and it made me feel sick but the doc gave me something to help with the sickness. Now I have got used to it and don't need to take the anti sickness pills.

Deb
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    great glad u had pain free day as others have said dont over do it we all do on good days and pay for it after wishing u good luck and pain free times ahead :D
    val
  • kathbee
    kathbee Member Posts: 934
    Options
    Thats really good news.

Just be careful though as I tend to overdo things when I think I am able and then have to rest up for a few days afterwards.

The Tramadol made me feel sick at first but I have got used to them.
    I take a stomach protector Omeprozole and the anti-sickness tabs are Prochlorperazine, but of course then you feel like its just more pills to pop!!

Hope you have more good days.

Kath
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    Hi Sammy

Glad you are feeling so much better. The Tramadol certainly made a difference to me and I am having to up the dose from 1 x 4 times a day and the Pregabelin. I too felt so much better and then you start doing a bit more and then a lot more and now I am suffering for it. So, take it easy it is still early days. As to feeling sick, I haven't felt that bad. Sometimes a bit queezy but not bad. Might be different when I start the higher dose tonight.

Take it easy

joyful
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hello glad to meet you! I find tramadol good, and luckily they didn't make me feel sick. Don't do too much though. Love Sue
  • kat11180
    kat11180 Member Posts: 22
    Options
    hi im new on here and iv been taking tramadol now for a few days with no luck, :( im still in alot of pain etc cant eat cant drink (iv oa in my jaw) i was told i couldnt tak the codeine with the tramadol,
    but it makes me feel sick and have been a few times and with it being my jaw it makes the pain worse but im keeping my fingers crossed it stops, and hope you have alot more pain free days
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Painfree - WOW Sammy it's not often people utter that word on this site - be careful it could be on the Moderators banned words list :shock: :wink: - just kidding :lol::lol:

Long may it last and you enjoy it :D

Luv Legs :D
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • sammy15
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your very kind words.
    I seem to have gotten over the sickness part just get a headache now and the sweats LOL but can handle that better then being sick.

But my feet have swollen up ,so don`t know if thats due to the tabs ,its does`nt say in the leaflet about feet swelling only about your face ect.

Tonight i might even be brave and try and sleep in the bed LOL,i have slept on my sofa since January one because i could not get up the stairs for about 4 months and two my bathroom is down stairs and in the last couple of months i have tried sleeping in my bed twice but have not slept to good from being stiff threw out the night and being rather stiff and painfully in the mornings so sleeping on the sofa was`nt as bad so it saved me suffering even more.
    I just can`t beleive how good i am feeling right now ,but i know i still can`t do everything as my body lets me know lol
  • sammy15
    Options
    Am not feeling to bad thanks and how are you today ,and its tonight that i am going to try and sleep in the bed.