Downer

Options
noeltone
noeltone Member Posts: 878
edited 30. Jul 2009, 08:02 in Living with Arthritis archive
Iam afraid i am on a downer today got up felt quite chirpy but now lapsed into a black donwer. I cant do this I cant do that sort of day and feeling dare I say it without fear of being scalded and ridiculed I am worthless a cretin an imbecile all rolled into one one miunte I am up and then bang back to earth and I am taking the anti d's feel like getting sloshed to relieve the downess sorry for a moan but just feel rotten waiting for a fairy godmother to take me away and help lift the blackness

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi chrisov

I am very sorry and sad for you that you are on another downer, chrisov, as you know, you always resurface because you are a fighter and hopefully this time it will be sooner rather than later.

The blackness will lift and you know that, but in the meantime, do what you need to do, but please do not get sloshed, that will not help you one jot.

Keep calling in on here, where your mates are.

Sending you cyber hugs,

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • ritnew
    ritnew Member Posts: 338
    Options
    I'm sorry you're feeling so down, getting sloshed isn't the answer cause you'll only get more down after.
    We're all here for you and understand how you're feeling we all have days like this.
    Hope you feel much better soon.

h025.gif

Rita X
  • lindah
    lindah Member Posts: 445
    Options
    Hi Chrisov, hang in there and feel the vibes from us.As Colin always says keep your chin up.
    Linda H 8)
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Chrisov,

I am sorry your feeling down. We know your neither worthless, a cretin or an imbecile. You are in fact very valued, clever and witty and we can't all be wrong. You hang in there, don't get sloshed and remember this blackness will pass and the light will come back soon. If i had a fairy godmother i would send her to. ((( ))) Cris x
  • debatat
    debatat Member Posts: 659
    Options
    I am so sorry you are on a downer. Remember it will pass. Could you get out the house for a short walk. I find that helps sometimes. It helps to calm me and clear my head. Keep posting and let us know how you are doing. Do something you enjoy today, read a good book or do a puzzle to focus your mind on something else. I know it isn't easy, but it will get better. Thinking of you.

Take care

Deb
  • jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    Options
    Hi Chrisov, know how you feel, as we all do, hope you can soon pick yourself up love Jaspercatxx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    big hug u will feel better i know it does not always seem that things will inprove but they will so good luck spoil your self u deserve it :D
    val
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Hi Chrisov

You can see from all the messages that you are far from worthless. I for one always look out for your postings on the forum because I value your thoughts and opinions, as well as your interesting writing. I know how many other people agree with me too. You have so many friends on here and we all want to help when you get a downer

It is strange how moods can change for no apparent reason, isn't it ? I don't know whether it helps to say it will pass, but I think it usually does. The black dog, as depression is often called, visits unexpectedly, but thankfully, he usually retreats after a while.

I hope you will feel better very soon. We are all sending positive thoughts in your direction.

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hello, I'm sorry you'r feeling down. I know sometimes it just settles on you and everything looks black, but the colours will change, and in a while things will lift a bit. Getting sloshed only solves the problems for a short time, then you feel guilty as well, for giving in, so try not to, for your sake in the long run. But if you do, well its not the end of the world and you can try again.
    Love Sue
  • debatat
    Options
    Hi, how are you feeling today? Hope it is a little brighter. The sun is actually shining where I am!! :shock: It is a miracle! Have a nice day.

DEb
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,485
    Options
    Hi Chrisov
    Are you feeling any better?
    I really really hope so - as you know it will pass this dispairing feeling.
    Just for the record and I am NOT having a go :wink: You are a lovely, kind, brave and strong man who I admire very much
    Love
    Toni x
  • suzster
    suzster Member Posts: 1,328
    Options
    i to hope you start feeling better soon, arthur really does have alot to answer for, i can think of a few names i could call him today.
    it never ceases to amaze me how quickly our moos and attitude can change, i'll send you some positive vibes and i was going to send you some of our sun sunshine but it has just started absolutly tipping it down here, sorry!!
    take care
    sue
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Hi Chrisov,

Well done on making contact with people when you probably don't feel like doing so.

That is how I fel right now. It is fantastic that you feel that this forum can support you when you are feeling so low - I know it is invaluable for me when I can't talk to people but can type!

I am thinking of you and sending lots of hugs.

hang in there - we know it will pass but the waiting and the keeping going can be hard.
    YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!

Love and hugs (((((((((()))))))
  • kathbee
    kathbee Member Posts: 934
    Options
    Hi Chrisov

So sorry to hear how you are feeling.

Hope you are having a better day today.
    You will fight back, I will be thinking about
    you.

Love Kath xx
  • josiec
    josiec Member Posts: 386
    Options
    Hi Chrisov,
    Am thinking of you and wishing you well - as others have said, you are far from worthless and you will get through this as the incredibly strong person that you are. Until then, know that many people are thinking of you, sending you strength and are here. Please keep in touch if you can,
    kindest regards,
    Josie
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Chrisov, you can't be useless, a cretin or an imbecile because that's what I am :roll: and only one of us can feel like that.

I hope you're feeling a bit brighter today - know that how you feel is just temporary.

Here's a little chaste kiss to cheer you up.

f010.gif

Please note - no tongues :shock:

Luv Legs :D
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • katekelly
    katekelly Member Posts: 975
    Options
    Hey know how you feel Matey, I think we all have days like that so don't beat yourself up. We love ya honest xx

Oh if you want something that will make you laugh (and I defy anyone not to laugh at this) go on to youtube.com search evil baby and see the little boy on that- its real class!! :lol::lol::lol:
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Hi Chrisov

I have been thinking about you today, and hoping things are improving for you. Could you let us know how you are?

Sending you my best wishes, and hoping things are a bit better,

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • mistywillow
    mistywillow Member Posts: 711
    Options
    joanlawson wrote:
    Hi Chrisov

I have been thinking about you today, and hoping things are improving for you. Could you let us know how you are?

Sending you my best wishes, and hoping things are a bit better,

Joan

Hi Chrisov
    Hang on in there, the cloud eventually lifts, meanwhile sending you lots of cyberhugs.
    Gillx
  • noeltone
    noeltone Member Posts: 878
    Options
    Hi all the weather at least is improving more sun less rain. I tried to get out of the house as often as i can and get to the beach and breathe the good sea air. Ive discoverd a method of managing the steps and arthur tolerates it, it invloves leading with one leg descending sideways and making frequent stops it is time consuming tiring and uncomfortable but worth it as the the beach is mostly deserted in the early evening save for some other worthless folks as in those who still sleep rough under the peir so much for Blair saying no more homeless under Labour at this tim eyou could ramble at your leisure poking with my stick at shells and seaweed and odd bits of fishing gear and sometimes swimwear and a corroded brick from holland or some where over the sea that wash up on the beach. there is a flat rock i sit on and have a smoke and watch the sun go down and stretch out my bad leg rest my neck and give arthur a rest and watch the shadows lenghten and the sea grow dark as the crags and hollows of the pier face behind me turn black in the twilght i dont go back the same way but ascend a flatter path gently to the road get a late take away i never like leaving this scene behind but i know i will be paid back with vengenace by arthur for my exertions i will be in severe pain and need a tablet to work as i am tired out i make my way upstairs as a house clock chimes the half hour otherwoise all is still. Unfortunatly although this trip is inspiring what with the beach my blackness has not completley lifted but thanks to all for your thoughts I thought I would share yesterday with you.
  • debatat
    Options
    Hi Crisov and how are you today? I hope you are feeling a little brighter.

Deb
  • woodbon
    Options
    Hi, Is the warm sun today making you feel a little brighter? As I write this the sun has just gone in, but the clouds still look wonderful. All love and hoping these good wishes reach you!!!]
    Love sue
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Hi Chrisov,

What a lovely descriptive post - I could picture it all and when I think of you now I'll see you looking out to sea sitting on your rock having a think with your ciggy.

Hope you feel a bit better today.

Luv Legs :)
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • woodbon
    Options
    I agree with Linda the discription in your post was fantastic and brought a clear picture to my mind. Sue
  • kathbee
    kathbee Member Posts: 934
    Options
    Hi Chrisov

I can so picture you at the beach, what a lovely way in which you related it all.

Hope a couple more days brings
    well needed ease for you.

Take care

Kath xx