1st physio visit

Options
handsy
handsy Member Posts: 209
edited 23. Jul 2009, 14:09 in Living with Arthritis archive
hello gang, well i have just returned from my 1st physio app and the therapist was brilliant her name is phillippa at newcastle general hospital.just the basics at the begining, medical history etc. she also measured me up for a walking stick as my knee and ankle's tend to give way without warning. i am looking forward to my next session.feeling a bit better in myself,got to think positive. and some more good news had an app to see the ESA employment support allowance, an the guy who was interviewing me had RA so he knew what i was going through so good news all round. as they say "DON'T LET THE BUGGER GET YOU DOWN" :D

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Good news on both accounts. Brilliant that you have a sympathetic physio - some others on here have had really bad experiences. The matter unfortunately is out of our hands whether we get medics that know their job or not.

Yep, think positive, it does help.

Pleased you are having a good day.

Best wishes
    Elna
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • debatat
    debatat Member Posts: 659
    Options
    Glad things have gone well for you. A successful day!!!!

Deb
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,485
    Options
    Hi!
    So good to hear you so upbeat :):)
    Glad you are regaining some control over your life!
    Take care
    Toni x
  • ritwren
    ritwren Member Posts: 928
    Options
    Delighted to hear you've seen your physio and have gotten on well. I'd be lost without mine, she's a real saviour to me.
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi, I'm glad you've had a good experience, I think its often its down to personalities, but as a professional, the physio should be helpful whatever. Soon be running around then. :shock: :)
    Love Sue