doc

Options
valval
valval Member Posts: 14,911
edited 26. Jul 2009, 15:09 in Living with Arthritis archive
hi had such a bad night had to phone docs this morning to c if cancelation with my doc. no but receptionest said she could get a doc to phone me and it could b my doc. had to wait just over an hour but she phoned me back was lovely and giving me some pain killers to go with naproxen so fingers crossed will sleep to nite . she also said to let her know if no better by monday wish all docs were like this :D
val

Comments

• ritwren
    ritwren Member Posts: 928
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Poor you, it's awful when you don't get a proper sleep and are in such pain. I'm happy for you that your GP has been helpful. I hope the stronger painkillers help.
  • valval
    Options
    thanks :D was releif did not have to trail up there :( would have taken more energy than have at the moment lol
    val
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Val,

Sorry your having problems sleeping, thats never easy to deal with but when its caused by pain it becomes worse somehow. I hope the new tablets will do the job and you has a much better night to night. Its always nice to have a helpful doctor and take care Cris x
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hello, I'm glad your GP is so good and understanding, it makes all the difference in the world dosn't it? I'm also lucky, my GP is very good and so are quite a few in the practice, which is quite big. It makes you feel better just to know the doctor care. When you visit the docs a lot, the relationship needs to be built up with trust.

Hope you have a really good sleep tonight, and the painkillers work, but if they don't something else will, theirs lots of things out their!!! :wink: Love Sue
  • sammy15
    sammy15 Member Posts: 19
    Options
    I have to say that my doc is brillant as well,when my first rummy appointment was cancelled a week before i was due to go i went and saw her to get some stronger painkillers as i was in so much pain and she phoned the hospital there and then and spoke to the consultant and was able to get a new appointment for me.

She even phoned me a few days later out of the blue after starting on the tablets to see how i was and i said i felt sick and she said no problem i will give you a prescription for some tabs to protect your belly did`nt have to go and see her or anything.

She is one in a million :D
  • valval
    Options
    thanks 4 all your suport :D:D tabs helped :) still not right :( but then seems par for the course with this wonder if it something to do with the rain :( some thing making me ache worse than normal lol mind u being at a wedding yesterday did not help never can find chair that does not cause pain end up getting up and wandering to toilets they must think i have bad bladder :oops: but if stay still to long cant move at all
    val
  • jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    Options
    Hi, my gp is very good, if I can't get to the surgery because I feel ill he either rings or visits, he gives me anything I need, and also corresponds with my gp and they work together, the rest in the surgery are rubbish though, and he only works mon/tuesday love Jaspercatxx