Help needed

Options
jaspercat
jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
edited 26. Jul 2009, 08:45 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi Everyone, I have a big question to ask you all, my wheelchair was dropped recently, not by us but by a taxi driver, it has been damaged and is in urgent need of repair, does any one know of a firm that would be prepared to travel to Macclesfield to repair it? hope someone can help love Jaspercatxx

Comments

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,956
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello Jaspercat.
    Have you heard of care+mobility we use them my sister is in a wheelchair and we both have scootas and they repair everthing as well as selling disabled things they would also lend things while yours is mended. good luck.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Can't help with the repair suggestions but just wanted to say what a stupid taxi driver :roll: - hope you're sending the taxi company the bill :?

Luv Legs :)
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • franki
    franki Member Posts: 20
    Options
    Hi
    I'm from Macclesfield, there used to be a motability type of shop on Chester Road. I'm sure they would point you in the right direction if they cannot help.
    Their website is:

http://www.thehelpfulhand.fsnet.co.uk/

Hope this helps.
    Frankie
  • jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    Options
    Hi, thanks for the replies, the taxi firm won't take any of the blame or any of the responsibility, I am considering seeking some legal advice, the trouble being that we are not sure how it happened.

Frankie, thanks for the info about the Helpful Hand, we have rung them and are waiting for them to ring back, we will ring them again on monday love Jaspercatxx
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi, I'm so sorry to hear about the poor service from the taxi firm. I really wish I could offer something positive but I can't, accept that I would try to get legal advice, but be careful - you don't want to end up with a bill from the solicitor as well! :? What about CAB for advice? Hope you soon get mended. :wink: Love Sue
  • mrsdalloway
    mrsdalloway Member Posts: 161
    Options
    Hi Jasper that sounds like a classy taxi firm! like others have said I would contact ssd team in Macc and see if they can offer any suggestions. Alternatively there is a social care help team in Northwich that you could call they are really good source of help 0800 085 0307 they don't just provide help for carers. Alternatively and probably a bit naughty but I would give the taxi firm another call and say that if they are unprepared to help maybe the local paper would do an article on the problems you are having?? :wink: worth a shot! Good luck x