being refered to carpel tunnel clinic etc ect

Options
suncatcher
suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
edited 26. Jul 2009, 09:37 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi not very well been having pain up arm to shoulder up neck causing head aches and blurry vision. The gp thinks i have got carpel tunnel and is refering me straight away to carpel clinic. The neck is causeing headaches and ear ache and is separate issue to the arm which is carpel. The vision diSturbances is not enough breaks on computor and i could be straining eyes. The neck could be postural. I have to have stronger painkillers if the ones ive got dont clear it soon and ive got to have more rests for me eyes and im waiting now for appointment to come through for carpel clinic and he wants me to have another blood pressure test next month which i do anyway. any more probs of things get worse he said to get in touch. I was sneezing yesturday and had sore throught but that is ok today. I had no sleep last night still not right today. joanne
Joanne

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh Joanne thats a whole chunk of stuff to get in one hit. I hope they will be seeing you very quickly and also has he said what they can do about your neck? I hope they will soon make you a lot better than you are at the mo and fingers crossed you can be comfy and sleep better tonight as well. x
  • eileenc
    eileenc Bots Posts: 118
    Options
    Hi Joanne - you're really going through it just now and I just wanted to send you a wee hug all the way from Edinburgh.
    (((((((((((((gentle and soft))))))))))))))))
    love and thinking about you
    Eileen x
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hello, sorry to hear you feel so bad. Sounds as if you'r going through a bad time, so have a good rest and try to relax as much as possible. :) Love Sue
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi Joanne

Well at least you have not got piggy flu on top of that huge list of undesirables, if your sore throat has gone. I suppose we have to try and think of something positive, don't we, when feeling really bad.

At least you are being looked after by the medics, unlike some people posting on the forum lately, so that is another positive, isn't it?

I really hope you start to feel a little better soon and if you can get a good night's sleep that may perk you up a little. I have my fingers crossed for you, I can do that. :wink:

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • page35
    page35 Member Posts: 1,081
    Options
    Hi Joanne
    so sorry youre not well at the mo, i really hope the stonger painkillers help and it all starts to get better soon, and all at the start of the kids holidays too :(
    still the doctors are on it so thats good :D
    best wishes
    page
  • suncatcher
    Options
    nearly passed out to day while out at fun day had to lie in prayer room in dark for one hour as it was the only quiet place. woke with that headache and neck ache but was ok not that bad hub dropped my off with books to sell to raise funds gave in my donation and chatted to friend i felt odd said i feel ill going inside left her and sat shut me eyes and my other friend who is nurse came to me i told her and she got me water and she said the colour had gone out off me face and got me doing breathing exercises i said i really feel bad must lie down and she knew about me probs and i said im on me monthly just come on before coming out and she said thats probaly it and other probs causeing it i lay in small prayor room in dark and it is shut off by curtain. and people walked past looked in the breeze came through id got hot and i just had this funny head and fell so ill and then is eased off enough for me to enjoy the day.
    I felt a narner anyway thanks for kind words and all your replys joanne not too bad at mo but wondering what next
    Joanne
  • page35
    page35 Member Posts: 1,081
    Options
    oh dear youre really not haveing a good time at moment are you :(
    im glad you had a friend with you, its always worse if you feel rough and your out on your own.
    can you try to get some rest for a couple of days?
    i know thats easy to say but when you got kids not easy to do.
    well i hope tomorrow is a better day for you :D
    page
  • magenta
    magenta Member Posts: 1,604
    Options
    Hello Joanne,
    Sorry to hear you're feeling so bad. Hopefully the drs will get to bottom of it all for you. Let us know how you get on. Try to rest,
    Magenta x
  • suncatcher
    Options
    Hi better than i was but still not right this neck and head still hurt but my arm is ok and the other probs have settled still having the pain killers as they are helping. thankyou for all the kind replys joanne :):):)
    Joanne