Mri tomorrow

Options
debatat
debatat Member Posts: 659
edited 25. Jul 2009, 13:51 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi, I have my mri of my neck tomorrow to try to determine the cause of my pain and loss of movement. I am worried that as the steroids have really helped they won't find anything. On the other hand I don't really want them to find anything!!!!

I am so nervous and worried about the outcome. If they don't find anything they may take my painkillers off me and I can't manage without them. Oh I'm just so anxious. I know its silly.

I will be glad when its over!

Deb

Comments

• kathbee
    kathbee Member Posts: 934
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Deb

You are bound to be nervous, hope it all goes well
    for you.

Let us know the outcome wont you.

Kath xx
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,944
    Options
    Hello Deb.
    Dont worry i had a mri scan in june and i'm not on any tablets as none work the scan showed what i had wrong. the scan will show what you've got wrong as well.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Deb,

I am sure they will not take anything from you and I also think they may be able to at least get on top of your problem and sort you out.

Its not too long to be done, my back was done in 3 sections the same time and the neck was the quickest bit so try not to worry and fingers crossed they will be able to help you and take care. Luv Cris x
  • debatat
    debatat Member Posts: 659
    Options
    Thanks Kath and Joan for your kind words.

Cris, I hope they can sort me out.

Deb x
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    Options
    try not to worry........its good youre having one to get to the bottom of it...........
    when i had my results i thought, yes, i knew there was someting wrong and it proved it but wish i hadnt got anything wrong!!!
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Good luck, I do understand about finding a problem. When you have pain and docs can't find the problem, you feel a fraud, so a positive result shows that the pain is real!! :? I think, too, that its better to know what you'r up against, it stops you wondering about things you DON'T have!!!! :) We are just all a bit odd about things sometimes. :):) LOVE Sue
  • janie68
    janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Hi Deb

Good luck for you tomorrow! I didnt know that these scans were done a sunday? Thought things like that were only available in office hours! How wrong I was!

Good luck :wink:

Janie