thank you to you all

Options
trisher
trisher Member Posts: 9,263
edited 26. Jul 2009, 08:38 in Living with Arthritis archive
trisher wrote:

Hi

I have been feeling really really down, also in a lot of pain My doctor has given me oxynorm and oxycontin to help with it. The sulfa has not kicked in yet. its only been on it 2 weeks.

Last night (Friday) I was awake all night. At 3am I did not know what to do with myself. At 3am (Friday) I came online and read a lot of your stories, poems, how you help one another a lot of you are witty ect. and your stories are funny.

I just wanted to say a big "Thank You" to all of you, for helping to keep me sane throughout a very long night. You are all so kind and helpful people.

love trisher x

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,463
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Trisher
    So sorry you are still suffering :( It will get better hopefully once the sulpha kicks in. This forum kept me sane at the beginning too when I was in so much pain and so very frightened and down. I am so glad it's still helping others - it is a brilliant 'thing'.
    Have you tried something like amitriptyline? at might? a few of us have it to help us sleep?
    You take care and I hope you are feeling much much better today.
    Love
    Toni x
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Trisha,

I want to thank you! Your post about sulfa has helped answer some of my questions as I am a week behind you and hope it really will work for us both! Cris x

Hi Toni x
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi Trisher

I am sorry to hear about your very bad night and your problems in another recent posting. It was good that you logged in here that night/morning and it is assuring to know that it helped you cope and get through the long hours. Things always appear to be much worse at night, if you is not sleeping and you desperately wish to do so. Most people would agree with that, I am sure.

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hello Trisha, I'm glad you found the web site helpful. Its horrible when you'r in pain and not feeling too well, but on hear you can have a really good moan or a rant about things that get you down and that helps bring things down to size. Well, thats what I find. :)

I'm really sorry you are having so much pain and hope you soon feel a bit better. :) Love Sue
  • mrsdalloway
    mrsdalloway Member Posts: 161
    Options
    Hi Trish you are not alone as a lot of us have periods of being up all night with pain and one thing and another. This site is fantastic and really good for a pick me up on days when you feel that no one else will understand quite as well. I just wish this site had been going 14 years ago!