Pain clinic - 1st appointment!

Options
woodbon
woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
edited 27. Jul 2009, 10:43 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello,
I've got my first pain clinic appointment tommorow. I had thought it was my hand clinic appointment but thats in August. I'm not sure what to expect and in some ways feel a bit of a fraud, as lots of people must be in worse pain that me. I did wake up in the night with one arm over my head, and when I tried to move it, it would'nt work, the joint seemed stuck and the pain was awful for a few mins, thought I would have to wake the sleeping beauty by my side, to help push my arm back, but I managed. Don't know what caused that! :x Hopefully the pain clinic will be able to suggest something to help cope with the pain to enable me to do a bit more. Not sure what though. Love Sue

Comments

• c4thyg
    c4thyg Member Posts: 542
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Don't worry about other ppls pain. You obviously have a referal for a reason. I heard years ago from a friend of the family, 'There's no pain like your own pain.' and how true it is. The other side of it is that no one else can appreciate YOUR pain because they are not you.

Don't feel like a fraud because if you think that way there will always be someone worse off and where would you draw the line? Good luck with your first appointment and if you are nervous write down what you want to say and take it with you. I have to do that with all appointments as my brain is turning to mush!!

Good luck and take care. Cathy xx