message to lindah

Options
apollo
apollo Member Posts: 9
edited 28. Jul 2009, 09:05 in Living with Arthritis archive
hi lindah imust agree with you i have had a lot of pain in different areas for a long time, but with a lot of different illnesses going on in my life for a few years the pain problems have been put to the back of my doctors list. i had a mild stroke at xmas leaving my r/side weak since then putting more pressure on the rest of my joints, well down hill i have gone since then every other problem i have got eg angina and joint problems have escalated out of control unable to go out safely on my own well thats me ,how are you :D

[If you are writing to someone in particular, it may be more appropriate to use a private message rather than post in the main forum - Moderator (T)]

Comments

• lindah
    lindah Member Posts: 445
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Good morning,
    I have been to the gym this morning and after a pretty sleepless night I am really whacked.
    Over the years I had physio or steroid injections ,pain relief etc. without any doctor telling me I had o/a but when I went about my toes ankles and fingers thinking I had Arthur the doc confirmed it was wear and tear. I thought this meant if I used them too much ie walking in the lakes etc they would wear out faster.After a long year of doing not much and the pains getting worse another doc told me I Could and should use my joints while I could,
    So 3 months ago I started to lose the weight I had gained and joined a gym where I can swim or work out albeit in a limited fashion to what I used to do.My tablets also were changed around the same time and they seem to have hit the spot.
    Last week was a bad week for me but I blame all the rain and it was so cold I had the heating on one day.
    Enough about me anyway .If you look through the various pages and forums on here there will be topics to relate to and if not you can have a light hearted look at our chit chat forum.
    Any specific problems can be discussed with the helpline team or by posting a new topic.I must admit to the fact that I am just getting used to having friends in unseen places.I really missed the daily read when I was on holiday.
    Linda H 8)
  • apollo
    apollo Member Posts: 9
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    lindah wrote:
    Good morning,
    I have been to the gym this morning and after a pretty sleepless night I am really whacked.
    Over the years I had physio or steroid injections ,pain relief etc. without any doctor telling me I had o/a but when I went about my toes ankles and fingers thinking I had Arthur the doc confirmed it was wear and tear. I thought this meant if I used them too much ie walking in the lakes etc they would wear out faster.After a long year of doing not much and the pains getting worse another doc told me I Could and should use my joints while I could,
    So 3 months ago I started to lose the weight I had gained and joined a gym where I can swim or work out albeit in a limited fashion to what I used to do.My tablets also were changed around the same time and they seem to have hit the spot.
    Last week was a bad week for me but I blame all the rain and it was so cold I had the heating on one day.
    Enough about me anyway .If you look through the various pages and forums on here there will be topics to relate to and if not you can have a light hearted look at our chit chat forum.
    Any specific problems can be discussed with the helpline team or by posting a new topic.I must admit to the fact that I am just getting used to having friends in unseen places.I really missed the daily read when I was on holiday.
    Linda H 8)

Hi Linda so nice of you to get in touch i feel better hearing from someone who is going through the same problems, hope you had a good holiday were did you go. Joan xxx