any advice please

Options
ohithurts
ohithurts Member Posts: 21
edited 28. Jul 2009, 05:03 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all was looking for some advice.Have had 2 blood tests done which have came back as positive for connective tissue disease which my gp said was an umbrella name for all types of arthritis.
Seen rheumatologist at hospital but he said he thought it was all oesteo arthritis problems i had (its my hands elbows shoulders knees hips spine ankles and feet)and not rheumatoid but just wondered do you have flare ups with oa as for a couple of weeks i felt better and now im in agony again and as far as medication etc goes nothing has changed.Any help would be much appreciated

Comments

• trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    ohithurts wrote:

I'm sure someone will be along soon and will be able to help you.
    There are lots of people who have OA on here as well as RA.

love trisher x
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Sorry to hear things are not too good for you at the moment. Yes, you can have flare ups with OA.

Best wishes
    Elna
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,463
    Options
    Hi Ohithurts
    Sorry you are feeling bad at the moment - I do hope it goes off soon.
    You need to keep a good record of your symptoms - including flares duration and any other symptoms like raised temp or exhaustion to take with you next time you see rheumy.
    Remember there are LOADS of dif types of arthritis - not just OA or RA so hopefully your symptoms will help the rheumy come up with a more difinitive diagnosis for you.
    Good luck
    Toni x
  • nick55
    nick55 Member Posts: 119
    Options
    we all have asked this sort of question I think. what Toni says makes a lot of sense, keep a diary of sorts, note your symptoms, then it should give you confidence to learn to live with osteo. once you understand your body, how it varies from week to week, and then you will see some days it will be almost normal, other days just painful, this will take the uncertainty out living with your condition,
    I am at a loss to understand why when we are fairly active, have had a nice walk, then the arthritis still gets worse, or suddenly it seems to clear up, but there it is, unpredictable.
    best wishes,
    Nick