Does anyone have an Enbrel information leaflet to hand?

hurdygurdy
hurdygurdy Member Posts: 21
edited 28. Jul 2009, 05:47 in Living with Arthritis archive
I am needle phobic so I don't deliver the injection at home. I go to the nurse at my GP's surgery once a week and she does it for me. So I don't have the information leaflet that comes with the medicine - which gets delivered straight to the GP's surgery.

I have been laid low for just over two weeks now, with "a virus". It could be swine flu, it could be "just a virus", I don't know. The main symptom they look for in SF apparently is a fever of 38deg or over, which last week, I didn't have.

Obviously I didn't get the injection done last week, and I'm still waiting for a doctor to ring me back today, so I can ask whether I am likely to still be infectious or if I can get an appointment with the nurse to have the injection done. My elbows/wrists, knees/ankles are playing up now, so I really want to have it done this week.

I wondered if there is anything in the information leaflet that comes with the medicine to say whether or not you have to be fully fit (i.e.no virus) in order to have the medicine, or if I'd still be able to have it done.

I completely forgot about the card I carry that I'm meant to mention to health professionals which mentions that the biological therapy can increase the risk of infection and may mask commonly recognised signs and symptoms such as fever and pain. (No wonder I didn't show a high fever then, if it was masking it!)

Sorry this is so long. I'm sure I could have made it shorter, but my head's a bit woozy this morning, and I can't face going back and editing the post!

Thank you :)

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Poor you Hurdygurdy
    I don't but would google it I have got info like that in the past.
    I do hope you feel better soon
    Take care
    toni x