i am new to the forum joined last night

Options
apollo
apollo Member Posts: 9
edited 29. Jul 2009, 11:21 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi my name is Joan i met linda last night, you know what i mean,she has made me feel a lot better already about oa which i was told i had last week, it is great to know i can keep in touch with like minded people. speak to you all soon bye for now Joan.

Comments

• c4thyg
    c4thyg Member Posts: 542
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Joan and welcome. I'm also new to this forum and I've found that the ppl here are lovely and very supportive. I hope you find it helps.
    Take care, Cathy xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    Options
    HI Joan
    and welcome to the forum from me too!
    This is a wonderful place to come for support and advice as well as sometimes for a good moan :wink:
    I look forward to seeing you around and will check out your introduction on the say hello later.
    Toni x
  • apollo
    Options
    c4thyg wrote:
    Hi Joan and welcome. I'm also new to this forum and I've found that the ppl here are lovely and very supportive. I hope you find it helps.
    Take care, Cathy xx

i'm sure it will, everyone seems so lovely, you take care too Joan xxx
  • apollo
    Options
    frogmorton wrote:
    HI Joan
    and welcome to the forum from me too!
    This is a wonderful place to come for support and advice as well as sometimes for a good moan :wink:
    I look forward to seeing you around and will check out your introduction on the say hello later.
    Toni x

nice to meet you hope to speak to you later just signing out Joanxx
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Hello Joan,

Welcome from me too.

What's your connection with arthritis?

We're here to be moaned at, shouted at, supported, laughed with and queried - so whatever you want to contribute or ask please feel free.

Luv Legs :D
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • bailey27
    bailey27 Member Posts: 689
    Options
    Just wanted to say hi and welcome!
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi Joan, Glad you've decided to join us, its a very good place to pick up tips and information, or have a darn good moan! :wink: Sorry you have oa, I have it in my spine and hip too. It must have been a bit of a shock for you, but I'm glad you've found us! :lol:
    Love Sue
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    Options
    just wanted to say hi and welcome to the site joanne
    Joanne
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,926
    Options
    Hello Joan.
    Welcome to the site. there is plenty on here to keep you thinking. and also plenty of good advice given. joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    Options
    Hi Joan, a big welcome from me too, looking forward to getting to know you love Jaspercatxx
  • denpen
    denpen Member Posts: 389
    Options
    Hi Joan
    Welcome to the forum, I am 54 and have OA and this is the place to come when you need to "get advice" "chat" "rant" "listen" "give advice" and as much or as little as you want to do.
    Denise.x
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi Joan

Welcome, I have oa in hands, knee and problems with lower back and sciatica. I have a dodgy shoulder and my neck aches from time to time. I am pleased that Linda welcomed you so soon after you joined. It does make you feel better to know that there are others out there in the same boat as you and you no longer feel so alone.

Don't hesitate to call in as much as you like. Some of us are on here all the time :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: It can become very addictive.

Take care
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • suzster
    suzster Member Posts: 1,328
    Options
    hello and welcome!
    yes everyong here is so supportive and helpful.
    and very welcoming!
    glad you found us and welcome!
    sue
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    welcome it can be a bit of a roller coaster when u first find out about oa :( . hope u get the help and meds u need quickly and dont go through to much pain good luck keep in touch
    val
  • sharmaine
    sharmaine Member Posts: 1,638
    Options
    Hi
    Welcome to the forum. This site has been invaluable to me - its full of people who really understand arthritis. Lots of tips too. It restores your faith in mankind! You don't have to suffer alone.

Sharmaine
    apollo wrote:
    Hi my name is Joan i met linda last night, you know what i mean,she has made me feel a lot better already about oa which i was told i had last week, it is great to know i can keep in touch with like minded people. speak to you all soon bye for now Joan.
  • apollo
    Options
    woodbon wrote:
    Hi Joan, Glad you've decided to join us, its a very good place to pick up tips and information, or have a darn good moan! :wink: Sorry you have oa, I have it in my spine and hip too. It must have been a bit of a shock for you, but I'm glad you've found us! :lol:
    Love

i have never been so overwhelmed as i do now, i feel like a good cry, you are all so lovely, thank you all,you don't know the difference you have made to my life already, thanks again to everyone. joan xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Hi Joan,

Crying, I assure you, is all part of the acceptance we have to go through in order to get our brains around having such a life changing illness. I cried on and off for ages and went through the 'why me?' phase. You will begin to feel better in yourself, I promise, but it is bound to make you feel down.

Chin up - we know how you feel.

Luv Legs :)
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    Options
    So glad that you are feeling the benefits of being a member of our
    family.

We all know what you are going through, and will always do our best to support you.........Ange.
  • debbierose
    debbierose Member Posts: 403
    Options
    hello,
    it takes a while to adjust to this horrible disease, but you do, and you get through each day as it comes, my attitude is hey so this is in me buts its not me, and live each day best I can, I think the secret is to accept every bit of help offered and if its not then ask for it.

keep your chin up there are lovely people on here that are willing to offer help advice tips etc.,
  • topgirl
    topgirl Member Posts: 290
    Options
    Hi Joan
    Welcome....
    The people on here are fantastic...
    You can laugh :D or cry :(
    Look forward to your posts
    Kay
    x