elaine1033 Member Posts: 47
edited 1. Aug 2009, 04:23 in Living with Arthritis archive
what would the burning sensation be i get in my hips

Comments

• woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello Welcome to the site, first of all. The best thing to do would be to go and see your GP. Pain is a funny thing, and where we feel it isn't always the place that its comming from :shock: So I'd give your doc something to keep him busy and give you the best treatment. :D You could try putting something cold on them, like frozen peas wrapped in a towel (and still in the bag :oops: ) That may help a bit. Let us know how it goes! Love Sue :)
  • milmandy
    milmandy Member Posts: 20
    Options
    elaine1033 wrote:
    what would the burning sensation be i get in my hips
    Sounds a bit like mine which is bursitis..can have a steroid injection but I tend to wait until it is really bad!!Does it hurt/burn even more when you lie on the hip than the rest of the time? Just a thought. Sorry though, not nice.
  • denpen
    denpen Member Posts: 389
    Options
    Hi
    I have OA in my hips and dont know the burning sensation, BUT I am sure somneone on here does.
    Denise.x
  • elaine1033
    Options
    the pain in my hips burns and is painfull also.someone told me it was scatica.
  • bailey27
    bailey27 Member Posts: 689
    Options
    Hi
    Whenever I get a flare up it always consists of burning hips.
    I have arthritis in hips and lower back. However, my Rheumy said the burning is coming from inflammation in the back which sends wrong nerve signals to your hips and legs etc.
    Hope that helps
  • elaine1033
    Options
    i ave found this site very interestin ave learnt a few things its good 2 hear from ppl with oa
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,425
    Options
    bailey27 wrote:
    Hi
    Whenever I get a flare up it always consists of burning hips.
    I have arthritis in hips and lower back. However, my Rheumy said the burning is coming from inflammation in the back which sends wrong nerve signals to your hips and legs etc.
    Hope that helps
    Is that rferred pain Bailey?
    Toni x
  • bailey27
    Options
    Hi there
    Yes I believe mine is referred pain from my lower back.
    I get a regular arhtirits type pain in my hips but the burniing and unusual sensations I get in my hips and legs they say may be from the inflammation in my lower back.
    I have rheumy appointment next month so no doubt this will change again! lol
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    elaine1033 wrote:
    the pain in my hips burns and is painfull also.someone told me it was scatica.

Hi Elaine,

From what I understood of sciatica it sends pains down buttocks, one leg and even into the foot, with other symptoms too :?

Luv Legs :)
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi, the pain that I get in my upper thigh is caused by disks on the lower back touching the spinal cord. I think thats a form of sciatica. Love sue
  • frogmorton
    Options
    bailey27 wrote:
    Hi there
    I get a regular arhtirits type pain in my hips but the burniing and unusual sensations I get in my hips and legs they say may be from the inflammation in my lower back.
    Ha ha!!
    Mine's tomorrow so - anything goes eh?
    Toni x
  • frogmorton
    Options
    bailey27 wrote:
    Hi there
    Well guess what?!
    I am now told it is bursitis in my hip/bum/whatever!! Having jab on 28th! For years and years I thought it was nerve damage and now I find it is more or less fixable?!
    Toni x
  • bailey27
    Options
    frogmorton wrote:
    bailey27 wrote:
    Hi there
    Well guess what?!
    I am now told it is bursitis in my hip/bum/whatever!! Having jab on 28th! For years and years I thought it was nerve damage and now I find it is more or less fixable?!
    Toni x

Thats fab news! Shame you have had to wait all this time to get it sorted out though!!