Not More Arthur- Aagghhhh

denpen
denpen Member Posts: 389
edited 29. Jul 2009, 17:50 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi
I have OA and today I went to Docs cos I have had really bad earache since Sunday and as I am having my pre-op on Thursday for THR didnt want a Infection..Doc said NO infection -GOOD - but she said its probably arthur in my jaw, so now I have arthur in right jaw-right shoulder- both hips-pubis bone-& back. WHERE NEXT I KNOW that I get pain in my knees and ankles occasionally so no doubt I have it in them as well. But I am so p*****d off I cant tell you...aaaggghhh. ****.
Denise.

Comments

• alicea
    alicea Member Posts: 111
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    denpen wrote:
    Hi
    I have OA and today I went to Docs cos I have had really bad earache since Sunday and as I am having my pre-op on Thursday for THR didnt want a Infection..Doc said NO infection -GOOD - but she said its probably arthur in my jaw, so now I have arthur in right jaw-right shoulder- both hips-pubis bone-& back. WHERE NEXT I KNOW that I get pain in my knees and ankles occasionally so no doubt I have it in them as well. But I am so p*****d off I cant tell you...aaaggghhh. ****.
    Denise.

Hi Denise , I know how you feel i am in the same boat , i have had earache for months and the doctor gave me 4 lots of antibiotics he then sent me to the ENT doctor and he told me it was OA , I have also lost my voice and they think that is OA in my voice box it is driving me mad. I am going for a scan next week to confirm it . Has you say where else can it go i have it in most of my joints and had hip and knee replacement. It seems to have gone mad in me for the last 12 months i wish it would stop.
    Good luck with your THR I have been so much better since i had it done no more pain in the hip at least. all the best ......alicea x
  • denpen
    Hi Alicea
    Ohh you poor love. I am moaning and you have had all that to contend with. I am sooo cared of my op in a few weeks??? that is why I think that I am blowing it all up out of porportion..... WHY does arthur affect some people in as it seems EVERY bone in their body and others only 1 or maybe 2. And some people get nothing at all. Why is life so unfair. I am sorrrry but I am sooo feeeeling sorry for myself today. Life is so ****!
    Denise...oooohhh sorry.xx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Denise,

I am sorry you have all that now as well. I think its how it goes, one bit goes and the rest all gets jealous for the favouring and attention and goes as well. I always hoped the oa would mean no other kind but that was another 'untrue' load of junk said by a doctor but there must come a point when it does just stop! :wink: Well I like to try and be hopeful....... You take care and i hope it will be slow moving for you. Cris x
  • alicea
    denpen wrote:
    Hi Alicea
    Ohh you poor love. I am moaning and you have had all that to contend with. I am sooo cared of my op in a few weeks??? that is why I think that I am blowing it all up out of porportion..... WHY does arthur affect some people in as it seems EVERY bone in their body and others only 1 or maybe 2. And some people get nothing at all. Why is life so unfair. I am sorrrry but I am sooo feeeeling sorry for myself today. Life is so ****!
    Denise...oooohhh sorry.xx

Denise i dont blame you i was terrified ,if you want to know anything send me a pm and i will help if i can . I will say it was'nt as bad as i thought it was going to be and i am so much better after having it . And yes you are right about why do some have it all over they say it is wear and tire well we must of over worked every part of our bodys. You look after yourself , thinking of you x
  • alicea
    Hi Again Denise just noticed you are from Lancashire so am I . Where are you having your hip done?
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Hello, I sorry that you have such a lot to put up with, but I hope that your op goes well for you, you certainly deserve it! :wink:
    Love Sue
  • mistywillow
    mistywillow Member Posts: 711
    woodbon wrote:
    Hello, I sorry that you have such a lot to put up with, but I hope that your op goes well for you, you certainly deserve it! :wink:
    Love Sue

Hi Denise
    It does seem so unfair when you are trying to sort out arthur playing havoc with one bit of you, only to discover he has reared his ugly head in another part. Im not suprised you feel p***d off.
    I hope your hip surgery goes well, so many people really do have good results after it.
    Gillx
  • denpen
    alicea wrote:
    Hi Again Denise just noticed you are from Lancashire so am I . Where are you having your hip done?
    Hi Alicea
    I am having it done at wrightington I should find out tomorrow when. omg!!!
    Denise
  • alicea
    denpen wrote:
    alicea wrote:
    Hi Alicea
    I am having it done at wrightington I should find out tomorrow when. omg!!!
    Denise

Hi Denise , I am going in wrightingtyon as a day patient in the next couple of weeks , you are going to the best hospital to have it done so i am told , good luck , I will be thinking of you, best wishes sandra alicea