anyone else feel like they've been run over?

Options
jenzie06
jenzie06 Member Posts: 708
edited 30. Jul 2009, 10:10 in Living with Arthritis archive
Woken up this morning feeling like I've been hit by a truck. I've stopped taking the amitrip after 10yrs and I've been taken off all other drugs because hubbie and I are planning to start a family. I've been told I can take steroids to help but these haven't kicked in yet.
So I'm not sleeping well, I'm hurting all over and joints that haven't hurt in ages are playing up again. At what point do I feel like starting a family?!

Sorry for the moan.

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi jenzie

Please do not apologise for your rant. I can well see why you must be feeling like you have been in a truck accident. I do hope the steroids start to work for you soon. Not sleeping well does not help matters either, does it?

I am not sure at what point you will feel like starting a family but think of the wonderful gift at the end of it all. Once pregnant, you may begin to feel much better as well. I love babies.

Chin up,
    Luv
    Elna x()
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    glad u came on and let us know how u r feeling its inportant to let it out so scream and shout only got oa mild and dont know how would cope with no meds poor u big hug and hope u get baby soon rather than later heard that u can get improvement it arth while preg. good luck fingers crossed 4 u
    val
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hello its horrible to feel so tired and down, the lack of sleep, as Elna said is one of the things I always find hard to cope with. Still, at least you can feel that your doing all this in order to achieve something very special. So at least you'll have something wonderful to show for all the suffering! Good luck.
    Love Sue
  • page35
    page35 Member Posts: 1,081
    Options
    Hi jenzie
    sorry your feeling rough, can you take paracetamol for awhile till steriods kick in?
    it may easy it a little.
    good luck in trying for a baby
    (you need to feel a little better just to get to the sex :oops: :D )
    page
  • c4thyg
    c4thyg Member Posts: 542
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear that you are in pain again. I did the same thing last year until I got another health problem that put a stop to having any more kids. I do however have a little good news for you. When I went on 60mg prednisone I noticed that the arthritis got better in about 5 days. It's not immediate but you are talking days rather than weeks. If you feel you need a higher dose at any point to get over the hurdle speak to your Dr. You don't have to stay on a high dose but it can kick start things for you.

I hope you feel up to 'exercise' soon!! :D
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Sorry you're hurting at the moment Jenzie, getting out of bed is always difficult when we're stiff and in pain - moving around should help to set of your natural endorphins and ease your pain a bit.

I've recently invested in a Tens machine, this uses small electric impulses to reduce or block pain and NO drugs. I've, so far, found it very useful when I have a particular painful joint and it also makes me think I'm doing something to help myself. You could check with your GP to see if it's suitable for you whilst you're waiting for your steroids to kick in. (Your problem might be which joint needs it most :roll:) Once you get pregnant you might find your arthritis quietens anyway.

As for when you might feel like trying for a baby - decide which is your least painful part of the day, have a nice hot bath to soothe your joints - give your hubby a ring and e020.gif

Good luck.

Luv Legs :D
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • sharmaine
    sharmaine Member Posts: 1,638
    Options
    Hi
    You poor thing. It must be horrid being in such pain. I really don't know what to suggest. Can you ask to go to the pain clinic? You might be given long-term use of a tens machine. Can you use any emollients to help with pain? In the meantime go back to your GP = she may suggest taking paracetamol or something when the pain gets too bad.

Before you go to bed have a very warm bath (I use dead sea salts from B..ts - they cost about £6.99) they are are good for your skin and really relax you. Sometimes I make my own bath stuff (oatmeal, fresh mint, camomile; almond oil about 1tablespoon fresh lavender). Sometimes I substitute the lavendar for rosemary. I always have herbs growing in the garden. This year I'm going to save some of my lavender for the winter months. I put the whole lot in a blender - pop the resulting mush in an old pair of pop socks/tights - tie to the taps and let it infuse the water. I normally make up about 6 and keep them in plastic bags in the fridge. Lovely!

Good luck with trying for a baby!

Regards

Sharmaine
    jenzie06 wrote:
    Woken up this morning feeling like I've been hit by a truck. I've stopped taking the amitrip after 10yrs and I've been taken off all other drugs because hubbie and I are planning to start a family. I've been told I can take steroids to help but these haven't kicked in yet.
    So I'm not sleeping well, I'm hurting all over and joints that haven't hurt in ages are playing up again. At what point do I feel like starting a family?!

Sorry for the moan.
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Hi Jenzie

Just a little advice.Do not take paracetemol as it is linked to miscarriages.Unfortunately i made that mistake myself.I was on sulfasalazine throughout my last successful pregnancy and wasnt advised to come off it.Double check everything with the health staff
    though just to be certain.

Good luck,
    Tkachev
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein