tramadol or co codomol

elaine1033
elaine1033 Member Posts: 47
edited 31. Jul 2009, 10:23 in Living with Arthritis archive
which one do u think is better ?i take 30/500 co codomol.tramodol never done any thing 4 me

Comments

• jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Elaine, I have tried both Tramadol and Co-codamol, as a personal preference I like Tramadol, they work better for me, and last longer too, I am sure that there will be plenty of others who answer too love Jaspercatxx
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Hi Elaine,

I do not particulary get on with either. Co proxamol was my saviour, got rid of the pain, no side effects but it was withdrawn, because a few people overdosed on it, accidentally or on purpose.

They don't withdraw paracetamol though,they? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • ritwren
    ritwren Member Posts: 928
    I use both regularly. Tramadol 200 slow release in the morning and co-codamol for breakthrough (that's a laugh, pain is constant) pain. Nothing takes the pain away but they seem to help a bit. I'm sure some of you know I also have acupuncture and use a tens machine which I bought last year, also use the hot water bottle.
  • elaine1033
    ritwren wrote:
    I use both regularly. Tramadol 200 slow release in the morning and co-codamol for breakthrough (that's a laugh, pain is constant) pain. Nothing takes the pain away but they seem to help a bit. I'm sure some of you know I also have acupuncture and use a tens machine which I bought last year, also use the hot water bottle.
    has the acupuncture helped?
  • mouseymousey
    mouseymousey Member Posts: 283
    Hello tried both too (taking Tramadol at the mo), have to say neither of them have really done it for me either. Not sure where it goes from here - but someone will be along that knows more than me - best wishes
  • elaine1033
    id kill the person who tried to take my cocodamal away from me ! :lol:
    :lol: i thought i was the only one they r addictive u no well disolvein ones r more addictive.
  • elaine1033
    i ave been takein co codamol every day now for over a year .there isnt a day i can do without them,some ppl just think i am addicted to them but i need them otherwise i feel like some one has givein me bad beating /sore and stiff :(
  • topcatt
    topcatt Member Posts: 63
    co codamol didn't work for me only to make me constipated (got enough problems without that as well) haven't tried tramadol but using tens machine with some relief and of course hot wraps
  • juejue
    juejue Member Posts: 63
    i am taking tramadol 200 sr 2 a day and pregabalin 2 a day working my way up to 150mg on 75 at the moment and that keeps putting me to sleep god help me when i am up to 150 but it works thats the mean thing julie x
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    hi only started taking co-codamol last week the lowest dose . it has been a god send :D:D:D could not sleep not to mention walk or sit comfy so they get my vote also taking naproxen to get rid of swelling in joints :) . would not have got to work this week with out them only do 4 hours a day but this damp is causing some problems :(
    val
  • bailey27
    bailey27 Member Posts: 689
    Hi
    Personally I prefer the tramadol especially at evening and night as it helps me be a little spaced out to sleep. (Not sure if this is recommended but hey ho, a girls got to do what girls got to do to get some sleep!)
    It doesnt always work during a big flare up but quite often it works for me.
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Hi,
    I prefer tramadol at the moment, but when I had pain after surgery, I found that co-codamol seemed better. Don't know why.
    The Pain Clinic consultant reccommeded that I have tramadol slow release, as I wake up at around 4am with pain. He said the slow release are taken twice a day and last longer which should help me sleep through the night. I have't had them yet, though.
    Love sue
  • eileenc
    eileenc Bots Posts: 118
    I prefer tramadol and it seems to work ok with little breakthrough pain - but if some does surface then I hit it with the co-codamol.
    love Eileen x
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Hi Elaine

Like Jaspercat and a few others on here I also prefer Tramadol, gives me less side effects.
    :)
  • craftyuk
    craftyuk Member Posts: 47
    i think it is very dependent on you as an individual as well as the type of pain. sometimes you have to try a few new things before you get things right. i have tramadol for break through pain and mostly don't have to take it at the moment. i have new anti inflamatorys and learning my limits better now.

crafty