Pain Clinic Follow-up

Options
woodbon
woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
edited 31. Jul 2009, 17:46 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello, I've just received an appointment with the Nurse Practioner at the Pain Clinic. The appointment is in November, so they haven't just passed me on and left it at that. I hadn't realised theyed be so thourough. It makes me feel more secure, not to just be referred on and have it left at that. Now, I can't wait to see what the spinal physio has to offer!

Love Sue

Comments

• debatat
    debatat Member Posts: 659
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Its good to hear of someone getting good care. It makes a refreshing change!

Deb
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    woodbon wrote:

Hi sue

That's nice to hear. I hope know they will look after you just hang in there.

Love Trish x
  • kathbee
    kathbee Member Posts: 934
    Options
    Hi Sue

Glad to hear your news.

I saw my doc today and he has referred
    me to a spinal physiotherapist so we will
    have to compare notes.

I dont know any dates yet though.

Kath xx
  • woodbon
    Options
    Hi yes I'm really looking forward to doing something positive about things. I hope you find it useful and it will be intersting to see how we each feel. Good luck Sue
  • kathbee
    kathbee Member Posts: 934
    Options
    Me too Sue,

I just want someone to tell me just what is
    causing all this back pain.

That in itself will be a relief, and if they can do
    anything to help then that will be quite something.

Hope all goes well for you.

Kath xx
  • woodbon
    Options
    I know what you mean, all sorts of things go through your mind! Just to feel a bit fitter would be great, I know whatever, it will take some time, but if I can really know what I'm up against will give me something to fight! I don't know how you feel, but I felt that I was really listened to this time and the doc saw me as a person and wanted me to talk and tell him everything. Its the first time all the problems have been put together and I've seen the x-rays and had the problems shown to me and explained. I hope that you get on well and don't have to wait too long. Love Sue
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Glad to hear they're looking after you Sue - it makes you feel as though you have a safety net when you have an approaching appointment.

The worst feeling in the world for me was when my, then, Rheumatologist told me I was discharged in 2001 (he was leaving and I think he wanted to get his list down :roll: ) and I honestly felt as though I'd been orphaned :(

Hope it goes well at the Pain Clinic. :)

Luv Legs :D
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'