Paraprotein

bionic
bionic Member Posts: 75
edited 1. Aug 2009, 10:33 in Living with Arthritis archive
:D Hi everyone it's been a long while since I have been on here, I have now been diagnosed with Paraprotein and was just wondering if anyone has it or knows anything about it, I think it is to do with antibodies so may have something to do with the arthritis, have been told they have to keep an eye on it. Nice to be back.

Rosie

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello dear Rosie :D

I remember you well with all the hip ops you have had. You kept horses and they were your life and you were devasted when you were no longer able to ride and look after them. It sticks in my mind because it must have been awful for you and probably still is. That seems ages ago that you were on the site, quite regularly as I recall.

It is good to have you back in the fold. I do hope you will stay.

I have never heard the name paraprotein and will google it later as I am nosy like that!

Hope to see your name around the site,

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Hi, Nice to hear from you again. I'm sorry, but I've no idea what that means! Its a shame that the medics don't explain these complicated terms they use! Hope someone on here knows. :wink:
    Love Sue
  • bionic
    bionic Member Posts: 75
    bionic wrote:
    :D Hi everyone it's been a long while since I have been on here, I have now been diagnosed with Paraprotein and was just wondering if anyone has it or knows anything about it, I think it is to do with antibodies so may have something to do with the arthritis, have been told they have to keep an eye on it. Nice to be back.

Rosie

Thanks it's good to be back, and yes Elna you are right about the horses what a brilliant memory you have. I suppose I will find out what it means eventually just annoying that they dont tell you in a language you can understand.! Take care all and speak soon,

Rosie
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Hi again Rosie,

Even on the internet, when I googled, it was all a bit technical :oops: You will have to insist that they explain in to you in our language, not theirs! :lol::lol:

I am glad you have returned. I hope you do not go away again for such a long time.

I hope you are feeling ok today. Look forward to seeing your name on the forum as and when.

Love
    Elna x (())
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.