2nd set of jabs

mash65
mash65 Bots Posts: 834
edited 2. Aug 2009, 17:47 in Living with Arthritis archive
hi all.got my appointment through for 2nd set of injections.
thursday nx wk.im a bit apprehensive as the last 1s done were left knee,right thumb.
right thumb the pain has gone,unless i knock it or over use it.its a different story on the l/knee.
the striking pains that comes on with walking has all but gone,but my knee feels twisted,its swollen only slightly(not infected)as soon as the nurse elevalated my leg afterwards it felt strange.i couldnt have my leg stretched out fully,so had to put it slightly outward(if that makes sense)to be comfortable/.but its still painful.
the nx set should be neck & right knee.
now im worried about getting r/knee done as if it the same as left im gonna be knackered for walking,ive been on my crutch since last jabs & cant see me not using them.i did all they told me to do,rest all wk end.the good side is im sleeping better not relying on sleeping tabs.but im worried the jabs in right will do the same to my reasonablly good knee.then im stuck using both crutches(only been having to use 1)or not getting out at all.didnt tell me what joints were being done,just letter telling me to come in like last time,is it guess whats happening to you today appointment.sorry if that as a moan.debsx

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Oooh Deb :shock:
    You'd better tell 'em about the knee - maybe that can be delayed until the other has recovered??
    You need this sorted - aren't you on ypour hols soon?
    Glad you are sleeping better though - that IS a real help isn't it?
    Hope you sort it!
    Love
    Toni x
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Hi Debs

It is great that some of the jabs helped but there does appear to be a bit of a question mark over your knee doesn't there? I agree and would not wish to hurry for a jab in the other knee. Is there anyone you can have a chat about this with and see what is suggested. I would have thought a delay on the other knee is in order but your injected knee should be sorted pretty soon to put your mind at rest as to what is actually going on there.

As you are going in for your neck jab, can't you tell them on the day that you only wish to have the one injection when you have talked about your knee and how the already injected knee is not good. They can't make you do anything you do not wish to do.

Hope it gets sorted soon for you,

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • debatat
    debatat Member Posts: 659
    Hi Deb, I can understand your apprehension. I just wanted to wish you well whatever you decide. Its not easy dealing with arthur.

Take care

Deb x
  • mash65
    hi,thanx for the replies.
    yes i could ask for a delay on the other knee as this just doesnt seem right to me.get rid of 1 sort of pain to get another.
    i will be talking to the rhymy on the day & ask why this has happen.
    perhaps an xray would be the answer,last night the knee was hot,burning & anyway i sat was uncomfortable.
    i was hoping to have them all done ready for the holiday,then i could get a bit of walking done & build up the muscles in my legs,but that doesnt look like it will be happening.
    will let you know what he says on thursday.
    thanx again,luv debsx
  • vonski
    vonski Member Posts: 1,292
    Hi Debs

Some do work better than others but yours does sound odd. I'd be careful before signing up for more, like you say ask your rheumy before you make any decision but go with your gut feeling. You know your body best.

Love
    Vonski x
  • mash65
    vonski wrote:
    Hi Debs

Some do work better than others but yours does sound odd. I'd be careful before signing up for more, like you say ask your rheumy before you make any decision but go with your gut feeling. You know your body best.

Love
    Vonski x
    hi,knee is feeling a bit better today,so will see how it is by thursday.i think though cause pain has kicked in bad in my back today its masking the rest.is it just me, but these flares i never seem to get a rest from it all.i just have a lot of pain in all joints but really bad in 1 place then it moves to attack another joint giving more pain to that 1. :roll: if that makes sense(i know what i mean :wink: )it never settles at all.just to have a few days without pain would be heaven,debsx