Threat to Disability Living Allownace & Attendance Allow

chrism
chrism Member Posts: 2
I am shocked to find out that the Government is currently planning to abolish Attendance Allowance(AA) and Disability Living Allowance (DLA)and use the money instead as a new funding stream for a National Care Service.

These proposals are in the Green Paper 'Shaping the Future of Care Together'which is on the Department of Health website
www.dh.gov.uk Consultation on the document ends on November 13th 2009 so time is running out to oppose the plans.

I really value the DLA I receive as a help to maintain quality of life and independence after having to give up a full time career due to the illhealth and disability cased by my arthritis. If I lose DLA then my quality of life would be severely cut as I wouldn't be able to buy in the help I need to maintain an indepependent life in my own home.

I am amazed that Arthritis Care and other relevant charities have not been campaigning about this Green paper and the implications for the thousands of disabled, sick and elderly people it will effect. I have read nothing about this in the press and only found out about it through a private company's website.

Obviously people who are disabled, ill or elderly are seen as soft targets but I hope that by passing on this message more people will read the Green Paper, give their opinions and start campaigning now before it is too late.

My advice is get the news out and make people start taking notice.

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Chris,

Welcome to the forum. there is a post about this over on the living with forum and I hope people power will prevail. Take care Cris