Train Travell

Options
debbierose
debbierose Member Posts: 403
edited 27. Aug 2009, 09:48 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello All

Back from my Weekend visit to Peterbourgh
I went on Friday afternoon on the Train which was the first time I'd travelled by Train and came back today,

I took my Doodle dog with me Dexter,
The train staff were wonderfull and helped me onto the train and sat me down at a table seat and put my case away for me.
Dexter Doodle went under the table and stayed there untill we reached Peterbourgh no problems what's so ever.
comin back was alittle harder as the train was rather full and the table seats had 2 ladies sittiing there one was afraid of Dexter
he had to sit on the spare seat when people past so alot of getting up and down but we managed.
getting off, a member of staff came for me and got my case and helped me down off the train.

I can't wait for the next trip and adventure.
I'll let you know.
:D:D:D

Comments

• lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Well done Debbie, it takes courage to do things on our own - although Dexter Doodle was with you.

I think you conquered something this weekend and you have some freedom back. There'll be no stopping you now :D

Everest here you come :shock: :wink:

Luv Legs :lol:
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,985
    Options
    Hi Debbie.
    I'm glad you enjoyed it. what breed is dexter doodle what a lovely dog how old.
    good on you joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Elna likes this (thumbs up) :D:D I am proud of you, Debbie and hope you are very proud of yourself as well. You ought to be and it takes courage to do things like that. It is nerve racking enough at times, travelling, if you do not need to ask for help.

Gold star for you,! :D:D:D Have two! You certainly deserve them. :D

Love
    Elna xx
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Debbie,

Sounds like you had a good day and well done for having the guts, I don't think I would have somehow. Is a Doodle the same as a Dolly? I am megga impressed he behaves so well on a train, could he give my lot lessons please? Take care, Cris
  • eckstardeluxe
    eckstardeluxe Member Posts: 1,192
    Options
    Hi, well done you. Taking on such an outing is hard work.

Do you get DLA? If so you would qualify for a disabled persons railcard. It only costs like £18 for a year but you make tremendous savings on journeys. They also reserve seats for you near the doors so you don't have to trudge through the train.

When we went abroad recently, we used my railcard to travel to Glasgow. We made a massive saving, had wonderful seats and treatment from the staff and I felt like you so proud of myself for taking the journey on. It felt like a real accomplishment.

I think it's great you took your doggie with you. What a fantastic time you must have had. I wish mines would go on a train but he wouldn't sit still for five minutes!

I hope you have as much fun on your next journey.
  • debbierose
    Options
    thank you for all your encouragement, such a small thing but it was great, I got the £18.00 railcard. so the uk is my oster.

Dexter Doodle is a Labradoodle ( a first cross between a poodle and a labrador) he is 14months old, and black, about 25 inches high at the shoulders and my best mate,
    he comes every where with me, I have trained him to help me open doors, bring the phone bring the keys pick thing up, pull my shoes and cardigans off, he's brilliant. and all he asks for is a cuddle and a doggie biskit,
    he's learning at the moment to get my purse out of my bag and then put it back in.

I look forward to sharing my next adventure. which will be a sponsed horse ride for arthuritis care.
    just need a little more practice and my feet to settle down abit and then we,ve off.

lol all and don't forget keep yer chins up.
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,985
    Options
    Hi Debbie.
    Good for you. and what a lovely dog you've trained him well.
    i had a golden retriever who would do all that and i would give her a fifty pence and she would go in the pet shop and get her biscuits and her had to carry some thing back from the shop.
    i also used to horse ride
    all the best to you i know you will do what ever you want too.
    love to doodle. joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    Hello Debbie

Loved your story. I do envy you. I have got a £18 ticket but haven't used it yet. Had great plans to get out and about, but have had so much on this year so far haven't used it.

I have had a couple of trips to London last year.
    Moving about for me it getting more difficult at the moment, and OH is being too clausteraphobic. No good at spelling :roll:
    Looking forward to hearing about your next adventure. Any ideas?
    I shall be pleased when I get my exhibition out the way and then I can make plans, but, you never know, I will get so many commissions that will put the end to travelling. I do so envy you with such a lovely sounding dog. He must be a great comfort and friend to you. All the best

joy
  • debbierose
    Options
    thank you for the post joy
    I,m wondering what exhibition you have, my imaginations gone wild,

let us all know so I can stop guessing.