Good and more Bad Days!

Options
wendygrocott
wendygrocott Member Posts: 30
edited 26. Aug 2009, 16:37 in Living with Arthritis archive
Have had a really bad few days haven't known where to put myself when I get up in the morning I count the hours till I can go back to bed. Every joint in my body seems to hurt saw the GP last week she thinks that a course of physio on my TKR might help. It is now over a year since I had it done but it is still swollen and painfull. Have had a load of blood tests you do get aching joints and feeling very tired if you have an underactive thyroid. Have to ring for the results on Thursday I feel as though this Arthritis is dictating how my life is going and I don.t like it one bit. :(

Comments

• ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Wendy

I'm sorry to hear you're feeling so bad. I don't have any practical advice to offer but wanted to offer my sympathy and support.

I'm sure someone else will be along soon who knows what they're talking about!

Nx
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi Wendy,

Sorry to hear things are not at all good at the moment. I have taken thyroxine for years after a thyroid op when I was 16 years old .........a l o n g time ago! If it is underactive you will feel better on meds for that side of things.

Chin up,

Luv
    Elna x()
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Wendy,

I think an under active thyroid can make you feel tired, though I can't be too sure. I know thats one of the reason they tested me for it but mine was ok. I really hope you soon feel a lot better and I think the physio may well be a good idea to see if it helps with your knee. I hope they get you sorted and as Nina said I too can only offer you support. You take care and I hope you will soon have a better day. Cris x
  • kathbee
    kathbee Member Posts: 934
    Options
    Hi Wendy

Sorry to hear how things are going its bound to make you feel
    down, who wouldnt be.

Hope the result on Thursday can bring some meds or treatment
    for you to alleviate the tiredness but of course so much pain is
    sure to make you tired out.

Hope your knee settles down soon, its horrible when you have
    to wish away the hours until you go to bed again when you could be doing things you really want, but hopefully thats all going to be sorted very quickly for you.

Take Care
    and Best Wishes

Kath
  • jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    Options
    Hi Wendy, I can't help you with any information, but I just wanted to offer my support and hope things are sorted out for you soon love Jaspercatxx
  • ritwren
    ritwren Member Posts: 928
    Options
    Sounds like you're having a really rough time. I do hope things get better for you. My physio does Acupuncture for me, maybe yours will for you, it can help with the pain. I'd say if your knee is swollen they'll only recommend some gentle movements. Pain/Thyroid problems and the stress of coping with them will exacerbate your tiredness. Try to be gentle and good to yourself and hopefully things will improve for you. Best of luck.
    rita
  • psyart
    psyart Member Posts: 600
    Options
    Hi Wendy

I have an underactive thyroid and before i started taking tablets, i was a mess!!! you feel like things are just not working properly, everything takes a long time to do, you get tired really quickly, sleep lots but feel like you need more!! i use to get up in the morning but not come down for about 3 hours but not really do anything!!!!! hopefully you will get some tablets and start to feel better - but like 'arthur' it does take time!!

gentle cyber hugs and hope you are ok soon!!

Louise x
    e050.gifo050.gif
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,482
    Options
    Hi Wendy
    Poor you :(
    Sounds really rubbish :(
    I hope the physio does some good and that maybe the results bring back useful news.
    In the meantime I will cross my fingers that things get back on track and you feel a bit better very soon.
    Love
    Toni x
  • nick55
    nick55 Member Posts: 119
    Options
    over a decade ago, I was almost in a coma from a non active thyroid that had atrophied. It was severe and my mind and brain went, very nearly in a coma and it was just caught in time. it was bad!!!!
    so, one symptom is tiredness, lack of energy, another is feeling very prone to the cold, hard to get the body warm. also, the skin near the hand grows horny and coarse, also reflexes are affected.
    the treatment is simple, and once you start taking the thyroid tablets, everything swiftly goes back to normal. but left on its own it can be life threatening.
    I hope this information is helpful,

Nick

psyart wrote:
    Hi Wendy

I have an underactive thyroid and before i started taking tablets, i was a mess!!! you feel like things are just not working properly, everything takes a long time to do, you get tired really quickly, sleep lots but feel like you need more!! i use to get up in the morning but not come down for about 3 hours but not really do anything!!!!! hopefully you will get some tablets and start to feel better - but like 'arthur' it does take time!!

gentle cyber hugs and hope you are ok soon!!

Louise x