New MTX injection

Options
joyful164
joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
edited 27. Aug 2009, 09:24 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi
My new 20mg MTX injections were delivered today. Today is my injection day. When I told them I still had 7 x 15mg injections left, I asked them what I should do with them. Throw them away, put them in your needles box. What a waste.

Anyway, have just had to new dosage and I'm sure that needle was thicker and the syringe wider. It hurt a lot more too. But soon wore off. It wasn't that bad.

Do you think Iwill get more hair loss with the 20mg?

joy

Comments

• jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Joy, when I have my MXT 20mg injection I start feeling really sick, the worst was this week as I am still feeling sick on tuesday, I wouldn't that my hair falls out alot, but notice odd hairs when I brush or comb my hair, also I have noticed alot less leg and underarm hair, which I don't mind at all, hope you get on ok with the 20mg love Jaspercatxx
  • grannymollie
    grannymollie Member Posts: 7
    Options
    I have been using the 'new' smaller injections for a couple of months. I really thought it was just my imagination that they were harder to administer - but maybe not.

I wonder if it's because the needle is already in place - with the rubber cap and this somehow blunts the needle.

The other day I bent the needle trying to get the cap off - not good!

Also, since using these I notice bruising, which I'd never had before.

I have my second anti- TNF assessment tomorrow, I just wonder how that will go. I've tried Sulfasalazine, Methotrexate, Leflunamide and Metroject and nothing has worked, am pinning great hopes on the anti-tnf, if I get it.

Mollie
  • joyful164
    Options
    For the first time ever for a long time, I woke up with 'morning sickness' Lasted most of the morning, but soon went when my son rang up to ask if they could come over. My headache had to be put on hold too. Come back now, but then, the weather hasn't helped today Stormy

I've had occasional small nausea spells and headaches, but this time has been worse

Injection certainly hurt, but soon wore off. I think I will hang on to the 15mg for awhile just in case
    Hope hair doesn't get any thinner. hair on arms sems to be getting longer instead.
    joy
  • psyart
    psyart Member Posts: 600
    Options
    hi - have also been having problems with needles- took 7 go's one saturday and also have bruised myself!!!!! asked pharmasist about it spelling not good)) and he spoke to manufactures who said they had other complaints about needles being blunt!!!!!!

also still suffering from odd bout of nausa!!!! sunday was really bad and today not good - but only started 4o'clock today??

feel like coming off for a while - just for a break from horrid side effects!!!!

Louise
    e050.gifo050.gif
  • joyful164
    Options
    psyart wrote:
    hi - have also been having problems with needles- took 7 go's one saturday and also have bruised myself!!!!! asked pharmasist about it spelling not good)) and he spoke to manufactures who said they had other complaints about needles being blunt!!!!!!

also still suffering from odd bout of nausa!!!! sunday was really bad and today not good - but only started 4o'clock today??

feel like coming off for a while - just for a break from horrid side effects!!!!

Louise

Hello Louise

Sorry to hear that you have had so many probs with your needle. Mine were fine, but bigger needles. I really hurt myself.
    The headaches have been sores this time and woke up again with a headache. Didn't have time to feel sorry for myself yesterday though because my son and family desended on for 'sunday roast' type meal. He only gave me 2 hrs notice.

all the best
    joy