Too much

Options
woodbon
woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
edited 31. Aug 2009, 07:02 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi, I really don't know whats the matter with me today. I woke up about 5am and my left thumb and wrists where swollen and my fingers looked at a funny angle. I had to go into the small town to get stamps and post letters and I felt the pain in my groin really badly, I kept stoping, and felt unsteady, as if my painful right leg wouldn't do what I wanted it felt as if it would let me down. It didin't. All day since then I've felt tearful; my left hand is swollen and painful but I just feel as if its all too much, I hurt and it seems this is all I really have now. Sorry, I'm just feeling sorry for my self and wish I didnt. Love Sue

Comments

• lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Sue,

Please, please go and see your GP - I feel he/she should have a look at you. You're not getting better by trying to put up with pain and your docs don't know you need help until you ask.

You don't need this, you need some TLC and advice.

Sending you a non-hurty cyber (((( )))) to try to cheer you up.

Luv Legs :)
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    sue u r going through it i get like that before a flare up just starting one now and feel very simaler (sorry about spelling) could sit and cry hips and feet so bad do not know where to put my self thinking of warm bath and early nite
    val
  • woodbon
    Options
    Hello,
    I've got an appointment with my GP but not until 14 sept, shes on holiday, I don't want to have to see someone else, maybe if I don't feel better tomorrow I'll phone. I feel that I'm always at the docs!
    Thanks for listening to me moan on. Maybe tomorrow I'll feel better. Oh, it such a damn pain! :shock: sorry,. moaning again!
    Love Sue
  • jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    Options
    Hi Sue, can't really advise you too much except maybe you should speak to your Rheumy nurse, it could be a really big flare, maybe Steroid injections will help, sending some gentle hugs and hope that you feel better soon love Jaspercatxx
  • woodbon
    Options
    hi, Thanks very much for caring. I'm going to bed now as I feel a bit yuk! Love to all, Sue
  • ritwren
    ritwren Member Posts: 928
    Options
    I do hope you manage to get a good night sleep tonight. I'm so sorry to hear you're having such a painfull time. Can you ring your Rheumatology nurse and ask her for help? Hope tomorrow is better for you.
    rita
  • mrsdalloway
    mrsdalloway Member Posts: 161
    Options
    Hi Sue hope things are a little easier today. There is nothing wrong with feeling a little fed up I take that as a cue to have a nice day relaxing, with cup of coffee some jaffa cakes and chick flicks! Actually thinking about it I have a lot of days like that?! :lol:
  • woodbon
    Options
    Hi, I' m having a lazy day today, I felt awful last night, sweaty and all my joints ache. I feel that ostieoarthritis isn't the cause for this, although it does flare up when I feel like this. My hands swell and my balance goes as my hip is so sore. I havn't been to the docs today, as I don't feel I have the energy to go over all this again. Wrong, I know and not what I'd advise anyone, but I'm going to have go back to bed and rest a bit, that seems the only thing that makes me feel a bit better, I don't know if its relievent but my eyes itch like mad when this is coming on, I always think (hope) its hay fever. I'm also very bad at telling the doc, I find myself saying its not too bad and i can cope. She does seem to see though that a bit. I'm not quite sure how to explain properly without going into the 'but I'm OK really' mode. Don't slap my wrists, they'r too painful!
    Love Sue
  • valval
    Options
    sue u sound just like me doc says how things going and i find mouth saying it all ok lol. got to go back and say how bad things have got in so much pain today been to town and sat with feet up in pain had to phone few weeks back doc gave some tabs for pain then and said if no better phone back on monday u can guess i went back to bed instead as felt awfull to bad to wait up for phone to go. so understand where u coming from but when bit better go and get sorted if u do i will lol :D
    val
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    Hi sue

If you feel that you can't explain it all over again, (know the feeling), write it down and take it with you to the doc appointment. If you do this on a bad day, then it reminds you how awful you feel if you see the doc on a good day or you feel better.

Type it in on your computer as if you were having a good cry with us and print off a copy there and then. This will stop you editing out the worst bits and put it in a sealed envelope which you take with you.

14th September sounds a long time away. If you decide to wait, then rest as much as possible or you could be really laid up for a long time. As one of the other threads said, try an ice lolly.

Take care

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • woodbon
    Options
    Hello, It sounds like a very good idea to write it down, it may help me to feel I'm doing something, and I think when I'm feeling better, I forget just how bad I felt. That sounds daft, but you know what I mean. Still achy today but I've not done much since Monday, and I think its helping. What I really hate are the times when self pity take over and I just think of all the pain and imagine its going to be like this and get worse for the rest of my life and I'll just be a bystander. I know deep inside that isn't me really, but I still feel it. My husband is very kind and is doing a lot and made me promise not to do things while hes at work. He gets cross if I do, I don't get sympathy for over doing it, just told off. I'm glad, because its more effective! My head is all over the place and I can't concentrate. I'll stop going on; Love Sue :wink:
  • evabuk
    evabuk Member Posts: 108
    Options
    Hi sue

If you feel that you can't explain it all over again, (know the feeling), write it down and take it with you to the doc appointment. If you do this on a bad day, then it reminds you how awful you feel if you see the doc on a good day or you feel better.

Type it in on your computer as if you were having a good cry with us and print off a copy there and then. This will stop you editing out the worst bits and put it in a sealed envelope which you take with you.Joseph 8)

Sue,

sorry to hear about how awful you feel, and I agree with Joseph who has given you excellent advice. It's what I've done many times when I've been to the GP, because like a lot of people I go completely divvy when face to face with them, and he seems to appreciate it. At least it gets your point across and lets him/her see you're trying to take charge of your own situation and communicate clearly to him.

Go for it!

And I do hope you start to feel a wee bit better soon - easier said than done, I know....she said, having just swallowed two heavy duty painkillers....

big hug to you,
    Eva

p.s. I know just what you mean about the self-pity thing, I'm in that place quite a lot lately, and it's horrid because you can't see any light at the end of the tunnel, so I can truly sympathise with you. Hope springs eternal, though!
  • woodbon
    Options
    Hi I've started, feels a bit strange but I'll get used to it. :wink:
    Love Sue
  • noeltone
    noeltone Member Posts: 878
    Options
    Hi sue I hope u might be feeling a wee bit better today and I hope things go well a future apptmnts and your pain might be a bit better
  • woodbon
    Options
    noeltone wrote:
    Hi sue I hope u might be feeling a wee bit better today and I hope things go well a future apptmnts and your pain might be a bit better
    Thank you, I am feeling a bit better, and I've given myself a bit of a rest, which helps. I think I just let everything get on top of me and I just felt so down, its a job to get up. Love Sue
    PS I have started to write the diary, feels a bit strange, but quite interesting and a good way to remember exactly what is wrong.
    Love Sue
  • debatat
    debatat Member Posts: 659
    Options
    Sue, sorry you are feeling so low and in so much pain. A diary is an excellent idea it helps you to see a pattern, which you don't always see when you are just going from day to day.

Hope tomorrow is better for you. Take care

Deb x
  • woodbon
    Options
    Hi, I'm feeling a lot better today, metally anyway. I discussed all the things I'm finding difficult and we are going to make some changes to make life easier, ie taps with levers ect. I am writting my diary and that is helping me, I'm getting more used to it now!

Thanks for the support and Joseph thanks for the diary suggestion! :wink::) Love Sue
  • eckstardeluxe
    eckstardeluxe Member Posts: 1,192
    Options
    Hi Sue, I'm sorry I missed this post.

I am thinking of you and hoping things will calm down soon, you are a strong woman, it really isn't like you to get down like this so it was very sad to read things have been bad for you. I'm sure you'll feel a bit better for getting this off your chest and sharing.

Take care of yourself

Eck xxx
  • josiec
    josiec Member Posts: 386
    Options
    Hi Sue, how are things with you? I was glad to read that you are feeling a little better-sending you lots of hugs! (On a practical note, I've just got some new taps from B&Q that look stylish but just need a little nudge to turn them on-loads better than my old twisty ones!) Lots of love, Josie :wink:
  • woodbon
    Options
    Hello, today I feel a lot better, we are going out to lunch next door. They are doing to raise money to repair the old Church which is between us. They have a huge house and the 'garden' is more like parkland. I've always wanted a nosey! :oops: I do still have some pain in my hands, but as I feel better, I cope with that better. Funny, these things seem to be like a merry-go-round. I think I had a minor flare. When I see the GP I'm going to ask her if I can have a blood test, as I haven't had one for about a year or so. Sorry I'm going on a bit :oops: Love Sue
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Hi Sue,

Blood test is a good idea. I'm so glad you sound such alot brighter :D - if we don't hear from you for a while we'll assume you're lost in next door's garden :lol::lol:

Hope you've enjoyed your lunch.

Luv Legs :D
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • valval
    Options
    hi hope u enjoyed lunch and nosey around and that it took your mind off your hands for a bit
    val
  • eckstardeluxe
    eckstardeluxe Member Posts: 1,192
    Options
    valval wrote:
    hi hope u enjoyed lunch and nosey around and that it took your mind off your hands for a bit

ditto above i love a nosey around :oops:

Me too but onyl if it's tuff I like and not that 70's pictures of beaches with nude folk with wings on them and that. :lol:
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    Options
    I am sorry you feel like this :cry: I get this from time to time its horrible i hope you will feel better soon joanne
    Joanne
  • woodbon
    Options
    Hello, I am feeling a lot better today. I think I'd been concentrating on the things I can't do, rather than being positive and thinking of all the things I can still do. Also life has been, and still is stressful, regarding my neice and although I managed quite well at the time, it has to come out sometime.

Yesterday was lovely, a nice lunch lots of people from the local community, farmer and people who work from home, the house is HUGE and the garden is massive, they have 2 gardeners. Both retired farmworkers. The part by the house a proper garden with beds etc and then a huge section of small parkland and a tennis court. It is possible to get lost! Would'nt want the work, though, or the bills! :shock: They are very nice people, ordinary, friendly and have worked hard for their money and like to be part of the village. Very interesting.... I had a hard job walking round the garden without a stick, told my husband I should have brought my hiking poles! :lol::lol: