ice lollies v feeling sick

Options
trisher
trisher Member Posts: 9,263
edited 27. Aug 2009, 10:55 in Living with Arthritis archive
I have seen quite a lot of you post that you feel sick.

I have a stomach problem and it used to make me be really sick. My old doctor told me to suck an ice lolly whenever I got that sicky feeling.

I thought it odd at first but my hubby bought a few I tried them and it helped they really did take that sicky feeling away.

I always make sure I have them in the freezer. The other tip is try and bite pieces off and swallow them so they are really cold as they goes down. I tried ice cubes but you do'nt get the same effect.

It has really helped me out a lot.

trisher

Comments

• ritwren
    ritwren Member Posts: 928
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    It's always good to get hints and tips from others, thank you.
    :)
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 26. Aug 2009, 04:25
    Options
    I make my own orange lollies by using fresh orange and always have 6 in the freezer. I have had the 6 plastic mould lolly thingys for years, from tupperware, if I remember correctly. The kids used to love them and now we two eat them on hot days. Yum!Very refreshing and moresome! :lol::lol: 8) 8)

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,482
    Options
    Hi Trisher
    You know that is a god Idea.
    we should try 'em! :wink:
    I had a friend who swore by them when he was really ill (chemo) so got to be worth a try.
    thanks
    Toni x
  • jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    Options
    Hi Trisher, thanks for the tip, I am feeling really sicky after MXT injections so will give it a try love Jaspercatxx
  • chrissycat
    chrissycat Member Posts: 28
    Options
    Hi there

Have you tried putting yoghurt in the lolly moulds?
    You can use the fruit flavoured or plain ones.
    They are really good and taste quite creamy..and even better if they have bits of fruit in them. :D

christine
    xx
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    I have always had an ice cream when I get a sore throat. But now I can enjoy one every day and two at weekends if they make me feel better. Which they are going to (or else).

Reminds me of the wee dram as a pick-me-up.
    n045.gif

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • suzster
    suzster Member Posts: 1,328
    Options
    i know normal loolies seem to help me, never tried ice lollies, but will now!
    i also find mint tea is very good at relieving sickness, i drink a cup when the mtx causes sicky feelings, which quite is often!!!
    sue
  • topcatt
    topcatt Member Posts: 63
    Options
    I agree about the ice lollies and another couple of tips my GP gave me and work for me are ginger beer (ginger is well known for sickness) and also lemonade and crisps (my children thought they were in heaven when this was diagnosed for an upset stomach!!).
    Anything is worth trying if it beats the side effects of meds! x
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi Christine :D

Thank you for that tip about putting yoghourt in the lolly moulds. I will definitely try that. :D:D

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • chrissycat
    chrissycat Member Posts: 28
    Options
    Hi Topcat
    Great news about the crisps. I never normally eat crisps but whenever I get a cold/flu symptoms I can't stop eating them!!
    At least now I'll be able to tell my boyfriend that it's for medicinal purposes :D

Hi Elna

I hope you enjoy your yoghurt lollies...I couldn't believe how good they tasted and I don't really like ice cream. I know I'm odd..

Take care
    Love

Christine
    xx
  • topcatt
    topcatt Member Posts: 63
    Options
    Hi Chrissycat - you crave crisps to replenish the salts your body loses when you are sweating/feverish/dehydrated. Thats why they work!! Good excuse tho!!