tired

Options
deborahjane
deborahjane Member Posts: 120
edited 31. Aug 2009, 19:54 in Living with Arthritis archive
anyone no what i can take to stop falling aslleep soon as i get up i feel like going back to bed.work for 2 hours in morning when i get home i just feel so tired muzzy head and sore shoulders.going on for 3 days now took some folic acid.think i need a good massage. [/img]

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    poor u sleep when u need to your body trying to tell u something so listen to it have u a flare up coming :?: :?:
    val
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,482
    Options
    anyone no what i can take to stop falling aslleep soon as i get up i feel like going back to bed.work for 2 hours in morning when i get home i just feel so tired muzzy head and sore shoulders.going on for 3 days now took some folic acid.think i need a good massage. [/img]
    Poor you Deborah :(
    Rehab's right - maybe yoyur meds need looking at?
    Toni x
  • psyart
    psyart Member Posts: 600
    Options
    i need sleep most pm's!!!! some times i only need a catnap but sometimes i need a couple of hours!!! i try to pace myself on what i am doing, as this will affect the way you are the next day as well!! does that make sense??

Louise x
    e050.gifo050.gif
  • janie68
    janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Hi Deborahjane

Yes tiredness for me is part and parcel of my RA. I also find it a good indicator (it can be overwhelming) when a flare is coming,like now and also night sweats with it.

I go to bed some afternoons when I can otherwise I make things worse.

You will find a method to help you cope, naps etc
    Janie :)
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    i some times have a nap before wofk at 1 pm when bad or would not get through afternoon u have to find out what right for u
    val
  • deborahjane
    deborahjane Member Posts: 120
    Options
    thanks for all replies. i dont have any trouble getting to sleep at night have good 8 hours. still feel tired in day like cotton wool in head.shoulders tense.went back to bed at 10 today for 1 hour. feel a bit better see how it goes tommorow then see doc.
  • madness1985
    madness1985 Member Posts: 293
    Options
    Hiya,

tiredness for me is just part and parcel of artheritus. Since having it ive been sleep 10 times more than i ever did before! Unfortunatly the tiredness and pain has stopped me from working/studying i hope one day to return though. I have found i crnt sleep at night and when i do go sleep i can feel my body stiffening up and get pains in top half of my back .. between the shoulders. When i do sleep i have about 10hrs (i use to b fine on 3-4) then i find myself sleeping in the car on short journeys even small ones and always have a nap in the afternoon.

Sorry if this isnt what you wanted to hear but its just the way artheritus has affected me
  • funkym
    funkym Member Posts: 24
    Options
    Hi
    Tiredness for me can be
    1 arthritis
    2 done to much in 1 day
    3havnt slept enough at night
    4not had daily nap sometimes only need 10 minutes
    5 medication side effects.

hope it eases off for u
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    funkym wrote:
    Hi
    Tiredness for me can be
    1 arthritis
    2 done to much in 1 day
    3havnt slept enough at night
    4not had daily nap sometimes only need 10 minutes
    5 medication side effects.

hope it eases off for u

Hiya funkym!

That was quick. :lol: Great to see you on this zone. I already said good night on the thread on the chitchat zone :oops: I am really going now!

I can feel tired for all the reasons you mention and also sometimes if I am a little bored but that has not been happening lately. :)

I expect I shall be around sometime tomorrow. I find this site quite addictive :lol::lol: Hope you will too.

Over and out,

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • kezzad
    kezzad Member Posts: 81
    Options
    i am ridiculously tired all the time. I sleep really well at night most of the time, struggle to get up as im still tired and then a couple of hours later im literally struggling to keep my eyes open some days. my head always feels cloudy (almost like im drowsy or on drugs!) and have no energy, i put it down to the fact that my RA is so bad and not under control yet as meds not working and anaemia.... does anyone agree this is right? im sick of talking to my dr/rhuemy as im constantly asking for help with things so i havent bothered to mention my tiredness! :?
  • funkym
    funkym Member Posts: 24
    Options
    Hi kezzad

please please do do mention the tiredness i ddint for over 1 year was sufferign terribly day after dosage and same day also to start with until at right dosage for me.

turned out i needed to reduce my dose and icnrease folic acid to inise side effects.
    early days yet to let u know what effect this has had but can def say it has improved slightly and the anemia is also soemthing that makes anyone evry tired some more than others.

also can be treated and should be mentioned until result given.

what i was told to do was make small list for my appointments what i find most bothersme or need to ask after 3 appointments it i can say has made huge difference to effectiveness for me anyway.

all best