Weight gain

Options
topgirl
topgirl Member Posts: 290
Hi, I have got RA and have put on quite a bit of weight( due to not working and inactivity)
I have joined a diet club but do not seem to be having much success.
I was wondering if Sulfasalazine can hinder weight loss at all?
Thank You
Kay

Comments

• helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,490
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Kay
    Sulphasalazine shouldn't hinder your weight loss but if you are or have been on Prednisolone Tablets (Steroids), these can cause weight gain.
    Persevere with your diet club, even if you only lose 1/2 - 1 pound a week it all helps. Many of us can identify with your struggle but slow and steady is the best way.
    Being less active than you used to be can be a major contributing factor in weight gain so look at ways of increasing your exercise/activity. Could you manage Tai Chi or aqua aerobics if there are classes in your area? Have you been referred to a physiotherapist who can design an exercise programme with you or maybe recommend a gentle exercise DVD that you could follow?
    Most of all, stay positive and don't give up !
    Best wishes
    Val
  • topgirl
    Options
    Thanks....
    i now know that maybe i havent been sticking to it as well as i should have :oops: and cant blame anything else apart from my lack of willpower...
    I will keep trying...
    Thanks
    x
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    hi top girl in same boat got to get some weight off but getting harder to get about hip playing up so not loosing what i would like to keep going sure u will get there
    val
  • topgirl
    Options
    Its awful!...none of my clothes fit!..and because im of sick all my lovely friends keep inviting me round for cake :lol:
    Been good this week so and have started swimming.....
    Good luck to you too....
    xxx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    the baths near us were to cold for me hands and back kept going in to spasam so not been for a while will have to go back though as hip now giving problems. ps i love chocolate :D:D:D
    val
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Hi Topgirl

I am having a struggle losing weight too.I havent lost one pound since I started trying in January.I find Methotrexate is my achilles heel as the sickness just encourages me to eat to supress the sickness and I find chocolate is the nicest to eat.I think I will have to try harder.I f I have any success I will let you know!
    Just letting you know that you are not alone.

Take care Tkachev
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • topgirl
    Options
    Me thinks a no-calorie chocolate will be the best invention of the 21st century.... :lol:
    Been very good this week tho....( apart from the Wispa had jumped out of the fridge and into my mouth :roll: )
    xx