hip and groin pain

Options
valval
valval Member Posts: 14,911
edited 28. Aug 2009, 05:10 in Living with Arthritis archive
ok why when i am having pains in hip am i getting a pain in my groin and my leg feels like it going to give way. is this normal has any one else had this
val

Comments

• tanith
    tanith Member Posts: 175
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    valval wrote:
    ok why when i am having pains in hip am i getting a pain in my groin and my leg feels like it going to give way. is this normal has any one else had this

Going on my own experience before my RTHR thats how it went.. back and hip pain, groin pain and continual aching in the thigh and calf muscles.. sounds normal for someone with O/A of the hip..
    Our worst times are always our best lessons.
  • bailey27
    bailey27 Member Posts: 689
    Options
    Hi
    I ahve had this. When I get a flare up I get exactly the same. Today I have started to feel it too as I came down on the steroids today. I'll be putting them back up tomorow!
    I had a bad experiance with the physio a few weeks ago. Within hours of seeing him I literally felt like my leg was hanging off and only holding on by a thread. It was surreal, very uncomfrtable and painful. Every stepp I took felt like my leg was going ot give way or pop out of the hip.
    Since I have been on the prednisalone I have been fab though.
  • valval
    Options
    thanks great help will stop worrying now will phone doc tomorrow thanks again :D:D:D
    val
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    Options
    valval wrote:
    thanks great help will stop worrying now will phone doc tomorrow thanks again :D:D:D

Hi there
    touch wood i havent had this for ages....my main problem is my back but can be hips and groin too...i have found insoles given by podiatrist brilliant, worth a try. good luck
  • valval
    Options
    looks like back to doc ,she will feel i am haunting her .
    val
  • denpen
    denpen Member Posts: 389
    Options
    Hi
    Yeah I have OA back and hips and a symptom is groin pain, hip pain, pain in leg, knees, etc.
    Denise
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    I haven't had OA diagnosed in my hip but have had bursitis and had several injections right into the hip joint

Ihave had the same pains as you describe. Tried to describe allthis on my DLA form because as far as I concerned this is an issue which is a change to my circumstances as is the CPS and PMR.
    I get the pain in the groin, thighs and calves as soon as I start walking. And sitting down is very painful too

joy
  • joyful164
    Options
    oneday wrote:
    valval wrote:

Hi there
    touch wood i havent had this for ages....my main problem is my back but can be hips and groin too...i have found insoles given by podiatrist brilliant, worth a try. good luck

those insoles are good. haven't used them for awhile. will get them out again

joy
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Val,

I am afraid I also have the same and as with the others mine is oa in back and hips. I think the weather doesn't help mine, maybe, something has made them more achy the past few days and I really hope you aches less tomorrow. A ((( ))) and maybe tomorrow will feel better for you. Cris x

Oneday and Joy,

Could one of you please tell me how do you get the insoles and with winter coming would they fit inside wellies please? x
  • annebr
    annebr Member Posts: 730
    Options
    Hi,

My problem is my hips and I have had groin pain, lower back pain and knee pain which is all associated.

Try and get a docs appointment and put your mind at rest.

Anne
  • valval
    Options
    hi all thankyou so much was bit down u all made me feel so much better had bit of prob with hip before but never this bad and never in groin like this
    val
  • valval
    Options
    hi phoned first thing can not get into my doc till sept 8 she only works part time and it bank hol weekend lol should i see different doc or talk to her on phone
    val
  • kathbee
    kathbee Member Posts: 934
    Options
    HI Val

Shame you cant get an earlier appointment, I would
    be tempted to see one of the other GP's though.

I have RA and OA and the rheumy told me that
    when its the hips the pain will be in the groin,
    when its the back, the pain will be in the back and hips.

I'm a tad greedy so I have bagged the lot. :roll:

Hope you are having a better day but maybe go get
    sorted as soon as you can .

Kath
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi Val,

Hope its all a bit better for you today x

Hi Kath,

That's really interesting and may explain a lot so thank you for posting that. Hope your ok?

Luv

Cris x
  • valval
    Options
    thanks to both of u it takes some getting your head around this arther. got work this afternoon so sitting with feet up this morning have given myself the morning off still aching but hope things settle will c how i am tomorrow if no better might c if can speak to her on phone hope u both have pain free day
    val
  • kathbee
    kathbee Member Posts: 934
    Options
    Val if its almost continual pain I would def
    get the doc's advice sooner rather than later.

Cris, I am not too bad, how about you
    are you managing to get thru your busy days
    in some sort of fashion ?

Kath xx
  • ritwren
    ritwren Member Posts: 928
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear of your problem with your back, hip, groin. If you know your Dr. quite well and she know's you I'd be inclined to go for the chat on the phone and then make the app. to see her in sept. Good luck, hope you get some help.
  • joyful164
    Options
    I was referred to the podiatrist. If you have one near you live, you can always go down and refer yourself.
    I'm afraid it is a long haul so to speak.
    Took several weeks before I was seen and then measured up for the insoles. Mine were made to stop my feet turning outwards. I was told to go and buy some shoes from Padders, which luckily, is just up the road from where I live.
    Once the insoles were adjusted, they arranged for a spare pair.
    Unfortunately, each time I had to wait for these to be ordered, there was another long wait. At the end of the day, however, they didn't cost me anything.
    You will have to ask your GP about referral to one
    joy
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    Options
    skezier wrote:
    Hi Val,

I am afraid I also have the same and as with the others mine is oa in back and hips. I think the weather doesn't help mine, maybe, something has made them more achy the past few days and I really hope you aches less tomorrow. A ((( ))) and maybe tomorrow will feel better for you. Cris x

Oneday and Joy,

Could one of you please tell me how do you get the insoles and with winter coming would they fit inside wellies please? x

Hi there
    I got insoles off podiatrist. They are basically a thinish insole not specially made and would definitely fit in wellies as wellies are roomy! but, wellies might not be ideal as i think the insoles may move about too much,guess you could try them. all the best.
  • granter
    granter Member Posts: 24
    Options
    valval wrote:
    hi phoned first thing can not get into my doc till sept 8 she only works part time and it bank hol weekend lol should i see different doc or talk to her on phone

They are all trained the same so they will probably all be about the same. I go to whoever has the shortest list so they all get to know me at the GP practice. That's a long time to wait to put your mind at rest so I'd say go and see another doc. Just my opinion. Good luck.

For what it's worth I'm due for a hip op and the pain in my hip, groin, back has almost gone away and my movement is as good as someone with no hip prob. I'm just left with a painless noisy hip (cracking and popping). Not that that's of any use to you.Sorry.
  • babette
    babette Member Posts: 128
    Options
    Hi

I get this too, esecially after a good (ha ha) night's sleep, pain in groin can be so bad I have to roll out of bed and sometimes I can barely reach my feet to put my socks on. It takes an hour or so to ease off but can be reactivated by too much walking. I too have OA in lumbar spine, SI joint and pelvis. It's a real pain, literally!

Luv B x
  • denpen
    denpen Member Posts: 389
    Options
    valval wrote:
    HI
    8 SEPT. Thats disgraceful.
    See a different doc. sometimes its worth it as they all have different opinions about treatment and referrals. I know the docs dont see it as urgent, but when you are in pain, IT IS. Then if you dont get any joy with the doc you see you can see yours when she is back and available.
    Denise
  • skezier
    Options
    Thanks Joy and Oneday, they would be worth ago and the wellies are the posh sort so they should stay still. You both take care x
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi, I'm sorry you've got problems with this pain, thats how I first started, several years ago I began getting a pain in groin after walking any distace and as I was a care worker I was always on my feet! I thought I had strianed my groin (like the footballers), I put up with it for months, thinking it would soon start to go. Instead it got worse, X-rays showed some hip arthritis and some damage in L1&L2. As the pain was in the area that the nerve for those disks runs they opted for that as the likely cause, not the hip.

I don't know if yours is the same, but it sounds similar. I had physio, which helped a lot, but made the mistake of going back to the same job. It didn't take long to come back!
    ]
    Good luck and I hope you soon feel a bit more comfortable.
    Love Sue
  • valval
    Options
    thanks keeping off my feet till time for work stand up a lot for that only do 4 hours but was dead on feet when got in yesterday . was going to phone docs about seeing different doc but waiting for sky bloke to phone and let me know when he coming lol. why does everything happen just when u do not feel up to coping with it lol. started raining so had to put fire on as damp making hip worse will all come out in wash as they say thanks for advice and letting me moan :D:D
    val