Sweaty Hands

Options
lindalegs
lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
edited 27. Aug 2009, 11:00 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi All,

I find that when I get up in the morning my hands sweat very easily for the first hour or so. This makes it difficult to do the most simple of tasks like holding a phone, writing etc. It does calm down as the morning wears on and has been happening for years...so it's nothing new.

I've always put it down to my RA .... does this happen to anyone else or am I just peculiar? :?

Luv Legs who should be renamed Slippery Sid :|
Love, Legs x
'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,445
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Linda
    What about Sweaty Betty? :wink:
    I get hot very hot hands and feet Linda but not that sweaty. Poor you - no washing up the cut glass then first thing?
    Wonder if anyone else has the same problem?
    Toni x
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Slippery Sid,

I have noticed thats sort of something i have on and off now a days as well but my hands are cold so I am just the clammy one! :wink: Mine tends to be at night more and I am due the drip soon....... Actually quite soon so I sort of blame my lack of circulation for mine....... Maybe I shouldn't eh? :wink::lol:

Hey Debs sent her love and did survive the tent last night...... I was pleased to hear from her this morn with what we had from 4 on wards....... I shouldn't have wanted to be in a tent in that! :?

Anyhow I will put absorbent foam on the handles of slipper boys harness so you can still do the wall of death.... :shock: :wink:

Luv

Cris desperately seeking the brain cell have you got it or has the chicken borrowed it? :lol: xx
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    skezier wrote:
    Hi Slippery Sid,

I have noticed thats sort of something i have on and off now a days as well but my hands are cold .........Anyhow I will put absorbent foam on the handles of slipper boys harness so you can still do the wall of death.... :shock: :wink:

Luv, Cris desperately seeking the brain cell have you got it or has the chicken borrowed it? :lol: xx

Your chicken's got your brain cell Cris I've just seen her filling a sudoku puzzle :shock: .... and I've just thought I can pop my hands under the bobsleigh - palms down might help lublicate the trench for Slipperboy and me :lol::lol: that's after we've done the wall of death :wink:

Glad Debs hasn't washed away - you didn't give her any cake to anchor her down did you?

h040.gif

Let us know when you'll be having the drip so we can all think of you.

Luv Legs :D
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Legs,

I just did a 'better' answer over on the chit chat one :wink: That’s deff me today cus debs gave me some chocolate, would you like one? :D

I think the drips 19th of September, if that’s a Monday but will have to check. I just know I need it and yet cus it makes me feel so yuck I don't want it :wink:

Slipper boy has asked miss Know-all to knit a jumper that simply says the 2 slippies :wink::lol:

Luv

Cris who will just say see chit chat one :wink::lol: xx
  • twiggypuss
    twiggypuss Member Posts: 14
    Options
    I've had problems with excess sweating on my hands and feet for years. It's called hyperhydrosis, and can be kept under control by a method called iontophoresis. Send me a private message if you want to hear more about it. Lots of people treat it as a joke, but believe me, it's not funny if you are a sufferer.
  • topcatt
    topcatt Member Posts: 63
    Options
    My hands get very very hot now, and I always used to have cold hands if anything, now you could fry eggs on them!! Trouble is I have always found that if my hands and feet are cold I am, and now they are hot I am hot all the time now!! Can't win!!