FINALLY - I got a date for THR

Options
denpen
denpen Member Posts: 389
edited 29. Aug 2009, 14:25 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi
I got my letter today, I will have THR Thursday 3rd Sept. NEXT WEEK omg!!! that is - All being well after I have seen aneathetist on Friday, I cant see there being a problem seeing as I havent heard anything from the cardiologist so hopefully the old ticker is OK.
So it looks like its finally arrived, but I am still sh** scared, but just think soon I could have be virtually pain free. Yipee
Denise.x

Comments

• lindah
    lindah Member Posts: 445
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Great news.You will be dancing around for Christmas and the new year.
    I am so pleased for you.
    Linda H 8)
  • annebr
    annebr Member Posts: 730
    Options
    Brilliant news. Being scared is to be expected but will be worth it in he long run.

Anne
  • josiec
    josiec Member Posts: 386
    Options
    I do hope all goes well for you, Denise - I'm sure it will and it will be well worth it! Good luck! Best wishes, Josie :wink:
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Denise,

I am so glad you have the date at last and being scared is really normal. I hope you will soon be running about and I am really pleased you have got it. Cris x
  • denpen
    denpen Member Posts: 389
    Options
    lol i can here how happy you are and scared !! good luck chick hope it all go,s well .................dont forget us when your pain free :wink:

Hi
    No worries I would never forget the support from the people on here, and even if I did become pain free ...ha ha yeah I wish.... as I still have arthur in virtually every other joint in my body, so I dont think I will be going anywhere, anytime, I have become used to dipping into my favourites box on my computer and Arthritis Care is there, just waiting for me to click on it.
    Cheers
    Denise.x
  • penfactor
    penfactor Member Posts: 366
    Options
    Oh wow! So you will be done before me after all! Will be thinking of you & people are right - of course you'll be nervous. Take care & loads of best wishes for Friday & your op day.
    Pennie XX
  • ikesother
    ikesother Member Posts: 171
    Options
    Hi, thats great news, a little scary, but the ends in sight :wink: Im 3 weeks post THR, so far been to a garden cent :wink: re, visited my mum and father in law and yesterday went out for a meal for my nephews birthday, but i must admit it did tire me out, so i went home to bed at 10, and have had 2 hours on the bed this afternoon :roll: oh and went to matalan this moning,whohoo, walked all round shop with no pain. That will be you in just over a week :wink: and you will still catch some of the nice early autumn sunshine! jk
  • holmesi
    holmesi Member Posts: 96
    Options
    Hi ,whats THR ,I must of missed this on a previous thread.
    Good luck anyway .
    holmesi
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    holmesi wrote:
    Hi ,whats THR ,I must of missed this on a previous thread.
    Good luck anyway .
    holmesi

Hi Holmesi

THR- Total Hip Replacement
    TKR - Total Knee Replacement

Luv Legs :D
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Hi Denise

Don't s*** yourself you'll make a mess :lol:

We're all scared before our ops no matter how big or small.

I'm sure you'll be fine. s065.gif

Here's to the new you.

Let us know how your go on.

Luv Legs :D
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • bionic
    bionic Member Posts: 75
    Options
    denpen wrote:
    Hi
    I got my letter today, I will have THR Thursday 3rd Sept. NEXT WEEK omg!!! that is - All being well after I have seen aneathetist on Friday, I cant see there being a problem seeing as I havent heard anything from the cardiologist so hopefully the old ticker is OK.
    So it looks like its finally arrived, but I am still sh** scared, but just think soon I could have be virtually pain free. Yipee
    Denise.x
    :) Dont worry it's not an awful op at all, the first couple of days are the worst just getting moving , it's more uncomfortable and awkward than painful. Good Luck

Rosie
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Options
    Hi Denise
    I am so pleased for you. It is nervewracking, waiting, but honestly it is not as scary as you imagine. And it is sooooo worth it.
    I will be thinking of you, and if you need to chat , you know where I am!! :D
    NB