Pooped!

Options
jenzie06
jenzie06 Member Posts: 708
edited 27. Aug 2009, 16:31 in Living with Arthritis archive
I'm sooooooo tired! All I want is to be able to sleep through the night! Was wandering the house at 2am as I was wide awake. I'm so uncomfortable, not really in lots of pain just totally uncomfortable even on tempur mattress.

Have stopped taking meds as trying for a baby so no more amytrip.
Was told by rheumy nurse to try relaxation but it doesn't help. I can usually get to sleep but staying asleep is another matter.

Ended up in the spare room last night to give my poor hubbie a break.

Anyone got any suggestions? Any natural stuff I can take to help without it damaging any baby that might be around?

Jen

Comments

• carol71
    carol71 Member Posts: 131
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Sorry Jen I have no idea,
    hopefully someone will be around soon who can help you xxx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    hi b**ts do a spray for your pillow to help u relax so sleep will come do not know if will work for u but always keep it close for those bad nights good luck
    val
  • andream
    andream Member Posts: 15
    Options
    Hi my son bought me a range called Somnea. I sprinkle the powder over my pillow and I also have a bath soak. I am sure they have helped me. I have also used neat lavender oil on my pillow. When I am wandering about the house in the early hours, I have made a cup of warm milk (not fussed about the taste) but it helps. I used to just lay there trying to sleep, but I now think it is better to get up for a while and go back to bed. Don't worry about disturbing your husband, with all the natural stuff you are sprinkling on your pillow, he will probably sleep even better!

Best of luck for a long and peaceful nights sleep.

Andrea
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    jenzie06 wrote:
    I'm sooooooo tired! All I want is to be able to sleep through the night! Was wandering the house at 2am as I was wide awake. I'm so uncomfortable, not really in lots of pain just totally uncomfortable even on tempur mattress.

Have stopped taking meds as trying for a baby so no more amytrip.
    Was told by rheumy nurse to try relaxation but it doesn't help. I can usually get to sleep but staying asleep is another matter.

Ended up in the spare room last night to give my poor hubbie a break.

Anyone got any suggestions? Any natural stuff I can take to help without it damaging any baby that might be around?

Jen

Hi Jen

I am sorry that you have having disturbed nights on a regular basis. Horrible, I agree. I too have bouts of being able to go to sleep and then waking 2 hours later to tossing and turning and everything aches and getting annoyed because I wish to be asleep, hubby and the whole world is asleep and all I want is to be in the land of nod too - not much to ask is it? :roll: :roll:

I get up, have a bowl of cereal sometimes but always take back to bed a wheat bag heated in the microwave and just putting that on one of the painful areas ie knees or shoulder or just cuddling it, if too many bits ache and this usually does the trick.

I have stopped having a snooze in the day unless I feel really desperate!! :lol::lol:

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi, I'm sorry you'r not sleeping, its horrible isn't it. As you'r trying for a baby, you have to be careful about taking anything, don't you? Heat as mentioned, is a good pain reliever, but I know when its in more than one place, you don't know where to put the heated pads. I find when my hip is hurting and I'm lying down, if I put a thin, soft pillow under my thighs it takes some of the pain away and helps a lot, I sleep on my back, if your on your side put the pillow between your legs, so it takes the weight off the bottom of the back. :) I'm sure it will be worth it in the end, at least your doing it for a good reason! : :D
    Love Sue
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Hi Jen

I havent been sleeping well at all and cant turn on lights or TV cos that disturbs everyone else!Yet I am exhausted!
    There is a goodnight thread on the chit chat forum where other non-sleepers gather but I havent made it on there yet because I am convinced I will fall asleep soon!But I never do.
    It is so frustrating.
    Take care Tkachev
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    Options
    Hi, when I have a really bad night I sprinkle a few drops of lavender oil on my pillow, 4 or 5 normally, good luck on trying for a baby love Jaspercatxx
  • chrissycat
    chrissycat Member Posts: 28
    Options
    Hi Jen

I'm so sorry that you can't sleep properly. There's nothing worse..

Sprinkling lavender oil on your pillow could help. Or you could try a hop pillow mixed with lavender, hops are supposed to make you fall asleep. I bought a pillow and a bath mix off the internet.

I hope you find something soon.

Take care

Love
    Christine
    xx
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Hi Jen,

When I can't sleep I put the radio on, very quietly so as not to disturb hubby. As it's so quiet I have to strain to listen to it and with songs I concentrate on the lyrics trying to listen to every word. I find that it takes my mind off not being able to sleep and any aches and pains I might have and I usually drift off.

My favoured radio station is Radio 2 because they have lots of music and no ADVERTS :shock: Adverts drive me round the bend and I know I'd be so irritated by them it'd end up waking me up :roll:

I also have a very lightweight cylindrical cushion I cuddle, if I didn't use that I'd cuddle a soft cuddly toy just for comfort - I'd cuddle hubby but he might think his lucks in and then ......... e020.gif

Hope this helps. :D

Luv Legs :lol::lol:
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • c4thyg
    c4thyg Member Posts: 542
    Options
    I still use my body pillow from when I was pregnant and I swear by it. It takes the weigh off the pressure points and forces me to keep a good sleeping posture. And of course, when you are big and glowing you'll need one anyway!!

I agree with quiet music as well. I don't like the radio because there;s usually talking but I've got a speaker in the room and I plug my ipod into it. Again I use my relaxing playlist from when I was in labour! Hmm, there's a theme here! It doesn't bother my hubby and he actually finds it helps him to relax as well.

I hope you get some sleep soon and fingers crossed that you will need a body pillow sooner rather than later. ;)