MRI today

Options
babette
babette Member Posts: 128
edited 1. Sep 2009, 06:22 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all

Had MRI today, thank goodness it wasn't quite as bad as I thought it was going to be. They gave me a cushion for under my knees and played me Duffy through some headphones. It took about half an hour. What a din though, and boy was I stiff after I got back out of the machine!! Felt a bit claustrophobic at first so I just shut my eyes and breathed deeply. Glad it's over - now I just have to wait for the results.

B x

Comments

• suzster
    suzster Member Posts: 1,328
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    i had an mri last friday, i wasn't given music to listen to!!
    i have to say i found it a horrible thing to go through, but like me yours is done now, thank goodness!
    i hope the results come through quick!
    sue
  • babette
    babette Member Posts: 128
    Options
    Hi Suz

Radiographer said results should be through in about fortnight, Rheumy said ten days so we'll see who's right. They asked if I had another appointment with Rheumy which makes me slightly suspicious about what they saw, but I'll have to just wait and see.

Sorry you weren't given music, it helped a lot todistract me from the hellish buzzing and thumping noise, it also helped me to gauge the time so that helped too. I have to say I've been quite pleased with my treatment so far, but I live in Scotland and that seems to make a huge difference according to posters on this forum.

Hope your results are not too scary!!

B x
  • suzster
    suzster Member Posts: 1,328
    Options
    i'm hoping they show whats up with my thumb, hand surgeon requested it!!! hopefully he'll find out whats wrong and be able to fix it, fingers crossed!!!
    treatment is not to bad for me, slow but my gp is fantastic!
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi, Good luck! :wink: finger crossing may spoil the pictures, so we'll do it for you' :lol:
    Take Care Love Sue
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,939
    Options
    Hi B and Sue.
    I Had my mri scan in june i could not hear the music because of the noise of the machine i had a lumber scan it took about half an hour.
    i hope you dont have to wait to long.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • chinablue
    chinablue Member Posts: 48
    Options
    hi everyone I had my mri on saturday 22nd it was for my neck as been in so much pain everywhere but that has been getting steaderly worse. I then rang to change an appointment time with my rhemy as it clashed with another app i have which was in about a weeks time only to be told by the secetery that they had been trying to get hold of me the day before as i needed emediate surgical intervention as i had something pressing on my spinal cord which in its self was worring. Then i realized that must of happened realy quick as it was only the friday after the scan not even a week and they also told me they had already written to the surgeon. :shock: I have now seen the rhemy and he seems to be playing it down he tells me its the disc between the bones in the neck has been displaced and telling me its down to the surgeon and he may not do anything which is all a bit confussing i surppose just have to wait and see now. :roll: its a new rhemy i have and he dose seem to have been let down by his team a bit i must say i have found he very good and realy helpful up till this point :)
    could anyone give me any info or have any similar experiences hope this finds you all well cb xx
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi, I have a problem with my neck, which is a very small bone spur touching a nerve in my neck. The rheummy said they won't operate as the neck is a very difficult place and its easy for the op to leave the nerve more damaged than it was before. It sounds as if that something like your situation, maybe?

I know a lot of people and some on here, who have good results with the surgery. I suppose its one of those things, at least they explained to me why they didn't want to do it. I think you should either go to your GP or the Rhemmy again and discuss it more fully. Glad the MRI wasn't too bad! I didn't mind mine as much as I thought I would, I think its bad for people who don't like being in closed in places. Luckily that dosn't bother me. I'm bad with hights! :x :oops: :mrgreen: Love Sue