Arthritis Diary

Options
newbury1
newbury1 Member Posts: 112
edited 28. Aug 2009, 05:00 in Living with Arthritis archive
Following my successful visit to the docs today I've also decided to keep a diary - not the "dear diary..." type but one where I can record the medication I'm taking and any changes to it together with good days and bad days so I can check back and see what works best.

Does anyone else do this?

Comments

• c4thyg
    c4thyg Member Posts: 542
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I do! :D

But not so much for arthritis as for the blood condition that I have. I find that every time I change my meds for one thing it upsets another condition so I have all my drugs and doses in my diary along with all my blood test results and any major flares. The Drs find it really helpful as well as it saves so much time trying to remember.
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Hi

I started keeping a diary a couple of years ago, not just for arthritis related things, but anything I want to write. I have found it very useful to refer back to on a number of occasions for medical reasons though. I have also found it a good way to express how I am feeling if I am a bit down. Writing things down can clarify your thoughts and feelings, helping you to cope better in general. I have also made a list at the back of my diary, entitled "Reasons to be cheerful" which I add to regularly. It helps me to stay positive.

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,445
    Options
    Hi
    Yes I do! You don't see the rheumy every week so it's dead easy to forget what has happened and when and for how long.
    I think it's a good idea.
    My Mum used to write loads down - probably got it from her :wink:
    Toni x
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi, I started mine yesterday. I think it will help me to give an accurate picture of how I've been, when I see the doc and also when I read it myself. I've been not so good this week, but think I feel a bit better. Also keeping a diary is something positive YOU can do for yourself. That, I'm hoping, will help too.

Good luck to us all! Be interesting to see how we get on!
    Love Sue
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Options
    Hiya

I've kept a diary since I was diagnosed, just a Word document on my computer with my hospital and doctor visists and also when I've been for blood tests and visited Occy Health at work.

My work is really good to me and let me go on hospital visits and for blood tests in works' time, so I feel like I "owe" it to them to document when I've been and for how long. Not that they've ever asked me to keep a diary, but it is handy to refer to.

Nx